Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: About Strange Introductions

Default Re: About Strange Introductions

I still do think it's strange to say, I'm musician Glenn Frey, because normally people don't introduce themselves with Hi, i'm (whatever occupation you are) and then the name.. if he just said his name, I think the guy would have either recognized it or not, & it wasn't really important at this particular event being that it was a coaching lecture....but whatever works for him.

Strange intro, indeed. But I have to agree that over the years he's been in countless situations where he's seen someone look at him with that "I-know- that-I-know-you-from-somewhere-but-I-can't-quite-put-my-finger-on-it" look. So maybe it isn't so strange after all...put it out there, save everyone an awkward moment and get down to the business at hand.
    You were just too busy being FABULOUS....

Victim of Love

Quote Originally Posted by Victim of Love View Post
    Strange intro, indeed. But I have to agree that over the years he's been in countless situations where he's seen someone look at him with that "I-know- that-I-know-you-from-somewhere-but-I-can't-quite-put-my-finger-on-it" look. So maybe it isn't so strange after all...put it out there, save everyone an awkward moment and get down to the business at hand.
    Yes please. I HATE that moment when I'm looking at somebody and wondering whether I'm supposed to be personally acquainted with them - and as I get older those moments are happening a lot more often!
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Yeah, I get those moments too. I'm teaching over 19 years and every year we release about 100 seventeen year olds on an unsuspecting public. Of course for years after each group I meet people 'hiya Miss...... Remember me?' I wrack my brains Only to be told 'its Cathy X or Michael Y' Then I remember!

So I guess Glenn just likes go get that awkward bit over as soon as he can!

It's a nice article, and I love reading anything that gives an insight into Glenn : heart: the person as opposed to the Rockstar. It shows people too that it doesn't matter how successful you are its important to give time to your kids and share their interests too. he is definitely NOT to Busy Being Fabulous!

Although I did think at the start that the guy was dissing Glenn a bit at the start of the article he definitely grew on me!

Dreamer, can I join that cheerleader team?

Actually, I think we could form our own group of cheerleaders to spur Otis and his team on - and call ourselves 'the Row 3 Ladies'
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesKiwi View Post
    I note you said "players" and nothing about other people who just might happen to be there...
    OMG - I didn't think anyone would notice that!

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    Dreamer, can I join that cheerleader team?

Actually, I think we could form our own group of cheerleaders to spur Otis and his team on - and call ourselves 'the Row 3 Ladies'
    Yeah - problem is once we add in all the "honorary" Borderers that want to be on the squad, the cheerleaders will probably outnumber the players about 5 to 1.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Aw, very cute! I'm glad Glenn introduced himself a bit unusually since it led to this write-up!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten