Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Henley the guitar man?

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: Henley the guitar man?

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Which is a shame, because despite what he seems to think, he is better than he seems to think he is (admittedly I am no expert). I like watching him play drums and always will as long as he is capable of it.
    FP, I think it's your last eight words or so that are key here. Even if his back doesn't bother him every time, it's happened often enough over several decades that he probably tends to think negatively about sitting behind a drum kit.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

ITA, VaIsFEL. Don has complained about drumming hurting his back since the Hotel California tour IIRC. So although I like seeing him behind the kit, especially on Eagles songs, if it works better for him to keep his drumming to a minimum, then I can live with it.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    ITA, VaIsFEL. Don has complained about drumming hurting his back since the Hotel California tour IIRC. So although I like seeing him behind the kit, especially on Eagles songs, if it works better for him to keep his drumming to a minimum, then I can live with it.

Me too. I think they cancelled a show because of his back issues and if spending more time upfront will help his health, I'm all for it. Did I also hear something about his knee? Playing drums during their long shows is like riding a bicycle for 3 hours. Ouch. Plus -- try singing at the same time. I'd rather have them all healthy and whole and if that means less Don drum-time, so be it.

Yeah, these guys are in their sixties. You can't tell me they don't have aches and pains! Lol! I think as Don ages his drumming will obviously have to stop.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Yeah, these guys are in their sixties. You can't tell me they don't have aches and pains! Lol! I think as Don ages his drumming will obviously have to stop.
    As sad as it is, that's the truth. It's understandable that there will be a point at which he can't do it anymore. I love seeing Don back there behind his drums! But that being said, I equally enjoy watching him sing up front, because you are really able to see the emotion and soul he puts into his singing. For instance, Heart of the Matter in the HFO dvd.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

At the show in Vegas, when he was up front, he played to the crowd, singing, smiling and laughing, gesturing. Sometimes he can seem kind of stiff, but he wasn't that night and the crowd did love it.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    At the show in Vegas, when he was up front, he played to the crowd, singing, smiling and laughing, gesturing. Sometimes he can seem kind of stiff, but he wasn't that night and the crowd did love it.
    No back pain to make him grumpy!

I love seeing Don playing the drums, but I would (a little reluctantly) give it up if it stopped him from enjoying performing - particularly if the alternative was a smiling and laughing Don up front to sing & interact.
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

Awww, it's actually so sad that Don's drumming causes him back pain. He really is a super drummer, and it would be a pity if it comes to a point where he can't play drums anymore.

This is probably a stupid assumption, but I wonder if there is a chiropractor or physiotherapist who can help Don with his back pain? I'm sure he has already looked into this, but I still wonder. Chiropractors can do wonderful things for backs - I speak from experience.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

To add my 2 cents, I really enjoy and prefer Don playing drums. Especially the older songs. I do enjoy seeing him play guitar and being up front too, so a mix is good for me.

I would hate to see the day that the Eagles performed and Don never played drums at all. That would be too sad for me.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    To add my 2 cents, I really enjoy and prefer Don playing drums. Especially the older songs. I do enjoy seeing him play guitar and being up front too, so a mix is good for me.

I would hate to see the day that the Eagles performed and Don never played drums at all. That would be too sad for me.
    I agree. I hope that never happens.