Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ask An Eagle

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Default Ask An Eagle

TBF's thread of "If you could spend an afternoon with a musician . . . " got me thinking. . . .

If you could ask one question and one question only to any former or current Band member, what would you ask?

For Glenn I'd ask: If you could only play one more round of golf for the rest of your life, what golf course would you play and who would you play with?

Don H: Out of all of the very talented female singer/songwriters that you have collaborated with -- using no criteria other than your professional musical relationship -- with whom do you think you shared the greatest vocal/musical connection?

Joe: Which guitarist -- living or dead -- who you have not previously worked with would you choose to play with?

Timothy: Outside of writing, singing and producing music, how do you like to spend your downtime?

I'm not sure what I'd ask Bernie or Randy, but I think I'd ask Don F: Dude, what were you thinking???

What do you think you'd like to ask?

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: Ask An Eagle

My questions are kind of lame but off the top of my head. I also believe we have had a topic sorta like this before.

Glenn: Who would you most likely want to work with that you have not had the chance to work with previously?

Don: What is you motivation for writing and do the songs come from personal experiences?

Joe: Have you ever considered doing a stand up comedy act, even once?

Timothy: What are you doing later tonight?
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border

This is the previous thread but it was very ligthhearted.

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...ead.php?t=2452

I had nothing to say then & I still don't have anything to say. I don't know what I would ask them. I would want to ask Glenn more than one question.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

A serious question I would like to ask all of them is what would they be doing if this little rock n roll thing hadn't taken off.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Hmmm – For each band member, how about saying “Tell me your entire life story. And don’t worry about the time – I’ve can stay as long as necessary.”

Glenn – “What is the biggest lesson in life that you have learned from being a superstar?”

Don – “After all the success you have achieved, what do you consider to be your best work?”

Joe – “If you had to do it all over again, what would you do differently?”

Timothy – “What are you most proud of in both your personal and professional lives?”

Bernie, Randy, and Felder - "In retrospect, are there some things you could have changed that would have allowed you to remain in the Eagles?"

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Henley Honey View Post
    I think I'd ask Don F: Dude, what were you thinking???

I don't know if I would ask questions, but I'd like to think I could make a brief comment to let them know I appreciated the music... If it was Don H I'd possibly thank him for the reference/introduction to John Graves' book "Goodbye To A River". I'd probably tell Tim that he's my daughter's favourite, mention to Joe that I'm from New Zealand, and just thank Glenn for hanging in there with the band!!
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post

Glenn: Who would you most likely want to work with that you have not had the chance to work with previously?
    TBF, don't ask Glenn that question until I become famous - he hasn't heard me sing yet!

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Timothy: What are you doing later tonight?
    Now there is honesty for you! You go, girl!

Right this moment, I have no idea what I would ask them. With me, questions come during the course of conversation, and I would love to have a long conversation with all of them, especially Glenn of course.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Hmmm – For each band member, how about saying “Tell me your entire life story. And don’t worry about the time – I’ve can stay as long as necessary.”
    I love it, Dreamer!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I love Dreamers suggestion too! I think we could quite easily split this idea into 2 types of question. Those that are related to the guys Music and professional career and also those related to their personal/ leisure etc lives. I could certainly think of things I could ask in either context!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I agree with TBF...I'd be curious to know what they would be doing today if they werent the Eagles. Timothy studied Psychology in college and I recall him saying in an interview a while back that he would probably be working with children if his career hadn't caught on but I've never heard the others comment.
    You were just too busy being FABULOUS....

Victim of Love