Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Desperado - Henley only version from TV series

Default Re: Desperado - Henley only version from TV series

Love it when he holds that note on "Let somebody luuuuuuuuurve you" at the end.

Nobody had heard of the Eagles here in the UK until 1974 really. By that time The first album and "Desperado" had been released and we missed out on "Take it Easy" and "Peaceful Easy feeling" etc. Desperado was never released here as a single and as far as I know, not in the USA either. But I wonder why?

A massive song like that has perhaps made up it since through album sales etc but I cant help thinking that it wasnt the best of business decisions back in 1973!
    Last edited by Redcloud; 01-23-2012 at 04:35 AM.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Oh my! I had forgotten about that! I remember seeing the first movie, and had hoped that the Real Eagles were going to be in it. But of course not! I did like it and thought the cowboy was soooo sexy too!

I think there might have been one more show, but then never saw or heard about any more.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by Redcloud View Post
    Love it when he holds that note on "Let somebody luuuuuuuuurve you" at the end.

Nobody had heard of the Eagles here in the UK until 1974 really. By that time The first album and "Desperado" had been released and we missed out on "Take it Easy" and "Peaceful Easy feeling" etc. Desperado was never released here as a single and as far as I know, not in the USA either. But I wonder why?

A massive song like that has perhaps made up it since through album sales etc but I cant help thinking that it wasnt the best of business decisions back in 1973!
    I know - inexplicable, huh!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Redcloud View Post
    How ironic - they recorded their first two albums in England, then switched to recording in America in 1974!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Wasn't half of On the Border recorned in Barnes (London) too and then they decided to quit back to the states with Szymczik to finish it?

If I recall correctly, "The Best of My Love" and "You Never Cry Like a Lover" were the only two songs recorded in London with Glyn Johns off of On the Border.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten