Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn the axeman!

Default Re: Glenn the axeman!

Nah - in fact, Felder couldn't be there because his wife was giving birth to their kid, actually!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Yeah, that is hot!

Here's another one from that same tour where he really rocks it:

http://glennfreyonline.com/multimedi...ttsburgh94.wmv

WARNING TO THE LADIES: Prepare yourself, Glenn is tres sexy here. Of course, I am biased, since this is my favorite look for him. His HFO hair should win awards.
    Oh my. My, oh my. I love a boy that can play the blues. And lookin' that good at the same time? Whoa. <fans self>

Glenn might not think he's that good, but his blues playing rocks. I also love "He Took Advantage" not so much for the lyrics but the hot blues licks.

I only have "Strange Weather" for solo Glenn music. Anyone have any recommendations for other songs where he plays the blues?

Loved that Smuggler's Blues video. Do they still do that song live? or has it been dropped from the set? I don't recall hearing it on the later shows after LROOE came out.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    Loved that Smuggler's Blues video. Do they still do that song live? or has it been dropped from the set? I don't recall hearing it on the later shows after LROOE came out.
    They dropped it after the HFO tour, to the great disappointment of Glenn's fans.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Windeagle View Post
    Oh my. My, oh my. I love a boy that can play the blues. And lookin' that good at the same time? Whoa. <fans self>

Glenn might not think he's that good, but his blues playing rocks. I also love "He Took Advantage" not so much for the lyrics but the hot blues licks.

I only have "Strange Weather" for solo Glenn music. Anyone have any recommendations for other songs where he plays the blues?
    He is more into R&B rather than straight blues. I've Been Born Again from No Fun Aloud is quite bluesy.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Ethan Browne was born in 1973.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackson...#Personal_life

I thought the kid was one of Felder's.
    Yes, I looked it up too. Ethan was born in Nov '73 & California Jam was in April '74 so there is no way that it could be him in the video.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Here's another one from that same tour where he really rocks it:

http://glennfreyonline.com/multimedi...ttsburgh94.wmv

WARNING TO THE LADIES: Prepare yourself, Glenn is tres sexy here. Of course, I am biased, since this is my favorite look for him. His HFO hair should win awards.

Glenn told a story one time that back when they were a new band and an opening act, people in the audience would just look clueless about them until they started TIE and then they'd go, "Oh, they're THOSE guys!" lol. My, how things have changed!
    I am in agreement, Soda: his HFO hair is very hot!

Yes, indeed, things have changed a lot since the early 1970s for the Eagles!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Windeagle, I would recommend the whole "No Fun Aloud" album. I find the tracks are laced with blues guitar throughout, even in the beautiful ballad, "I Volunteer". Glenn just seems to have a natural blues slant in his playing.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Whoa! That must've been awesome. That song gives me chills whenever I hear it.
    It was definitely awesome, WE. I'll never forget it. As Soda said, he was so intense when he played it. Again, I don't know anything much about guitar playing, but you gotta have some talent to play the way Glenn did those two nights in Niagara Falls. It was like he was making the guitar talk. I don't know how he did it, but all I know is he was able to 'speak' to me without uttering a single word when he played it. But, it must've been tough for him because at the end of the night he said that his fingers were "screaming" at him.

Now, as far as Glenn's other solo music, I would agree with Mrs. Frey about No Fun Aloud. I love that album and it is a very close second to Strange Weather in terms of which of his solo albums I like best. Actually, all of Glenn's solo albums have quite a bit of R&B influence. There is lots of discussion about all of the band members solo work in the individual "Celebration of" threads if you are interested in fans' opinions. You can also buy most all of the band members' solo albums relatively cheap on sites like Amazon.

And last of all, with respect to whose baby is in the CJ Take It Easy video, I guess it is still a mystery for now. The only Eagle that had children at the time (at least, that we know of ) was Randy. But his children would have been too old. His twins were born in May 1970, which means they would've been 4 years old at the time.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

On the Eagles Live poster, Glenn is playing a Gibson ES-335, I think, onstage. He probably used it to record the I Can't Tell You Why Solo. I wonder what song he's using it for in the photo . . .