Page 10 of 43 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn Frey Song Survivor: The Solo Collection

Default Re: Glenn Frey Song Survivor: The Solo Collection

This round my vote goes to:

BRAVE NEW WORLD

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well the problem is all these songs are good. I like Call On Me too, but I don't think it's a standout compared to these other songs. I would encourage folks to ban together and vote for it to save The Heat Is On. When I'm ready to vote, I'll definitely join a coalition if my vote is needed to eliminate it.

Save The Heat Is On!

Vote for Call On Me!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Sorry, Dreamer, but it always makes me laugh when other people are asked to vote for a song to save one of your* favourites, but you're not prepared to cast your vote unless it's needed. If you want people to vote for a song, then IMO you have to lead by example and first vote for it yourself .

your* = a favourite song of the person making the request; applies in any Survivor, not specifically to Dreamer's request in this one.
    Last edited by UK TimFan; 01-30-2012 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Clarification.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Well darn, I missed the last round! It's usually pretty hard for me to make it to The Border over the weekend. Just too much life going on!

I am surprised to find all the votes already for THIO. It's way up the list for me. One of my favorite Glenn songs.

And I've Got Mine?! Not yet!

I'm not too sad to see WBSIMB getting so many votes, but my next song on the list is Call On Me, so that's what I'm voting for this round.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

The thing that for me lifts "This Way to Happiness" above the other "new" songs on the collection is the vocal. It's absolutely stellar and far outpaces "Call on Me", although "Call on Me" is very enjoyable. In fact, I'd go so far as to say "This Way to Happiness" is one of his best vocals. In addition to the vocal, the whole song just lifts my heart and makes me smile every time. I adore it!

Listen, for instance, to the way he belts it out when he sings "I've been searching for what seems like forever now!"

http://www.myspace.com/video/eagles-...iness/23076164

PS Sorry for those who can't access MySpace videos in their country, but it's not on YouTube.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I CANNOT oust any songs at all...I keep looking at the list, and it simply cannot be done...lol

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by UK TimFan View Post

Sorry, Dreamer, but it always makes me laugh when other people are asked to vote for a song to save one of your* favourites, but you're not prepared to cast your vote unless it's needed. If you want people to vote for a song, then IMO you have to lead by example and first vote for it yourself .

your* = a favourite song of the person making the request; applies in any Survivor, not specifically to Dreamer's request in this one.
    A brief reminder of the Survivor rules:

Note:Do not criticize how/why other people vote. Their reasons are their own and they are free to vote however they like. Also, never attack a fellow poster. You can disagree about a certain song without making it personal. Sometimes these games can get heated, but remember.. it's still just a game.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glennhoney View Post
    I CANNOT oust any songs at all...I keep looking at the list, and it simply cannot be done...lol
    GH, I agree. I haven't cast a vote since the first round. I like them all and to kick one off the island doesn't feel right. Mostly, though, a song I don't want to hear today could be a song I listen to eight times tomorrow. It's so dependent on my mood and things going on in my life.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    A brief reminder of the Survivor rules:

Note:Do not criticize how/why other people vote. Their reasons are their own and they are free to vote however they like. Also, never attack a fellow poster. You can disagree about a certain song without making it personal. Sometimes these games can get heated, but remember.. it's still just a game.
    My comment wasn't intended as an attack on Dreamer, but on re-reading my post (for about the umpteenth time, as I do try to be as grammar-correct and precise in my meaning as possible before I post) I realise that by including Dreamer's name at the beginning of my post it could possibly be interpreted that way. Especially as I used 'you' though I'd hoped that my explanation of the word 'your' would have confirmed that it wasn't specific to Dreamer; I'd only included Dreamer's name because I was commenting on something she'd posted.
    It wasn't even meant as a criticism of how people vote - the should make that very clear. I actually find it quite funny (both ha ha and peculiar!) that person A asks the Borderers to vote for a song but person A doesn't vote for it there and then. I won't make the mistake of categorically stating that it happens in every Survivor, but it happens a lot and I laugh every time.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

My comment wasn't intended as an attack on Dreamer, but on re-reading my post (for about the umpteenth time, as I do try to be as grammar-correct and precise in my meaning as possible before I post) I realise that by including Dreamer's name at the beginning of my post it could possibly be interpreted that way. Especially as I used 'you' though I'd hoped that my explanation of the word 'your' would have confirmed that it wasn't specific to Dreamer; I'd only included Dreamer's name because I was commenting on something she'd posted.
    It wasn't even meant as a criticism of how people vote - the should make that very clear. I actually find it quite funny (both ha ha and peculiar!) that person A asks the Borderers to vote for a song but person A doesn't vote for it there and then. I won't make the mistake of categorically stating that it happens in every Survivor, but it happens a lot and I laugh every time.
    First of all - Thank you Freypower.

UK TimFan - I'm sorry but when you call me out by name - it is personal, no matter what your intention is. And quite honestly, I am taking it personally considering that you continue to bring it up each time I call for a coalition despite being repeatedly asked not to.

As I've said before, I understand you don't approve of my methods. But I would appreciate it if you would address any further comments about this to me by PM. The purpose of this thread is not supposed to be to judge, comment, or discuss voting methods and rules for the game. It is to vote on and discuss the songs in the game. Now, I will address this for what I hope is the final time. I will stress that I am not mandating to anyone how they must vote. If it were a mandate, then I would follow suit. I am encouraging, urging, and trying to persuade folks to vote for a certain song. If enough people form a coalition, I will follow suit.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016