Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Worst Concert you ever went to?

Default Re: Worst Concert you ever went to?

I know I tread on thin ice here, but a number of years ago, I went to my one and only Jackson Browne concert, at an outdoor amphitheater in Jersey. However, he was playing with Keb Mo and one other blues artist whose name escapes me at the moment. Unfortunately for me, the whole tone of JB's component of the show turned away from the hits I loved and expected, to a bluesy concert that just didn't work. Not that I don't like blues, but it just wasn't what I had paid my money to see. Now, I can't wait to get to a traditional Jackson Browne concert like other fans here have seen and heard and raved about umpteen times before...before he stops touring!
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

Border Troubadour prayfordaylight's Avatar

I went to see Yes around 2000 and seriously wanted my money back. They played ONE song from their greatest hits (Roundabout) and it took until nearly 2/3 of the way through the show for them to do that. Every song was "here's another one from a late 80s/early 90s album no one heard or bought". I've never left a concert so dissatisfied.

The only other concert I felt horrible after was a George Thorogood show. He was great but it was 90+ degrees and about 1000% humidity even after sunset and everyone was knee deep in mud.

I can relate to the excessive volume at Kansas shows. Mine was outdoors (Decatur Celebration, Decatur, IL, @ 1999) my ears still rang for hours afterwards! Other than that I did enjoy the show.

The Marshall Tucker Band, at the same festival in 2006, was absolutely painful to listen to, as their lead singer was recovering from surgery on his vocal chords. He explained and apologized, but I don't know who I felt more sorry for - him or us.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Paul Young in about 2002 at Liverpool. Truly dreadful as was his singing. He just couldnt make the notes.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redcloud View Post
    Paul Young in about 2002 at Liverpool. Truly dreadful as was his singing. He just couldnt make the notes.
    Really? I've never gotten to see him but would love to and figured he would be excellent in concert, his voice was always so soulful. He was one of my faves in the 80s. I treasure an autographed program that an from the Border sent me a while back. This saddens me.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Bon Jovi in 1995... Not the bands fault, but they were the first rock band to play the then newly opened Jo'burg Athletic Stadium, (which thankfully is not used for concerts anymore) and it was too big and open and the sound evaporated before it got to the cheap seats where I was... I heard about three notes all night.

On the other side of the coin, I was given free tickets to see Richard Marx in 1994. I thought, what the hell, he does ballads and stuff... Went, he put on one of the best rock concerts I've ever seen. He was funny, his band was world class... And we all rushed the stage so my then girlfriend and I were standing with our hands on the stage a few inches from Richard... We (and I'm sure he and the band) had an absolute blast. He turned me into a fan for life.

I woke up this morning with an attitude
    looked at the headline, put me in a real bad mood

That sucks about Bon Jovi. I've never been to a concert, but I've heard they were good - too bad about the sound system.

Richard Marx, a great showman? I'd never have expected that!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I've seen Bon Jovi several times...they were alway good...my worst would have to be Billy Squier back in the early 80s at the Niagara Falls Convention Center...really bad acoustics there...wasn't built for concerts...and I got tired of watching him repeatedly...how can I delicately put it...be amorous with the stage...if you get my drift...

zelda