Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Going solo!

Default Going solo!

I'm curious as to how many of us have or would go to any concert alone if they wanted to see someone and couldn't find someone to go with...

I want to go see Kenny Wayne Shepherd next month...but am thinking no one I know will be interested in going...thinking of going alone...but not sure I want to do that...
    I know there are a few out there who have done it...but going alone just doesn't sound like much fun..

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: Going solo!

Well, of course I would go solo. I go to concerts solo a lot. I learned a long time ago to not wait on friends to be in the mood to do the things I want to do.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

I have been to a few concerts by myself. I usually go to concerts by myself other than when I go to Branson every year. I meet up with fellow Osmond fans, but that's another story. LOL

Anyway. Being African-American, a lot of my friends don't listen to the music I listen to. I don't mind going to concerts by myself. its just traveling to other state to see someone you want to see so bad. That happened to me when the guys were playing in New Orleans and Memphis. I couldn't go. Heck even driving 3 hours in my own state is hard. I have to go to concerts that's close by.

I'm 3 hours away from New Orleans, Memphis, Shreveport and Birmingham in all directions. I only drove to New Orleans by myself, but that was for a conference and I was meeting up with my fellow co-workers.

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Yep id go by myself if I could affird too

Stuck on the Border

I have been going to concerts alone for years. I did before I was married & now again because my husband doesn't like the incessant talking of audiences & most of the time he doesn't want to see the acts I go to see.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

As for the "no fun being alone", it is nice to socialize with people before and after, but if I'm paying the $$ to go to a concert, there best not be any conversation during the concert!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Border Troubadour

I've done it before and I'd merrily do it again. I enjoy getting lost in the music / atmosphere at concerts, and I think being alone aids that.

I can't drive (blind in left eye) but if I had a means to get to the venue and had no one to go with, I would. It would be different for me but I'd enjoy it once the band started in I think.
    Last edited by WalshFan88; 04-10-2014 at 01:39 AM.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

I'd go alone and happily get lost in the music, I think at some point I would even travel abroad to see a concert

Border Troubadour prayfordaylight's Avatar

I've gone solo several times because it's expensive to bring people who aren't 100% into who you're seeing (I'd also rather buy a $200 ticket for myself than 2 $100 tickets also LOL). It's nice because you get to meet fellow fans before the show. I saw Justin Hayward (of the Moody Blues) last year and had a lovely time before the show chatting with a mother/daughter from Mexico, a woman from North Carolina and a guy from New Jersey because we all could bond over the music.

I'm actually trying to convince my dad to go see Jackson Browne solo because I'm the only person who would go with him and I can't make it. Sometimes it's lovely just sitting there alone and enjoying the show.
    -Ali

You can see the stars and still not see the light.