Thread: Glenn Frey on Miami Vice

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Default Re: Glenn Frey on Miami Vice

My favorite line -- when "Jimmy" is talking about his plane:

"She may look like a cow, but she runs like a stallion."

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    So, 4:00 your time is 3 here and I'm still at work! Dang!

That's one advantage of working from home!

Out on the Border HenleyFan1971's Avatar

I got the first season on Miami Vice on DVD at a used book store for 6.00 and the episode is there very cool to see him on there

I don't know if everybody has the Centric channel, but Smuggler's Blues is coming on again on that channel at 9:00am (this is Central time) on December 16th. I DVD'd it so I will watch it on Monday when I get home from work. That's what my guide said when I was looking up Miami Vice.

I bought the entire Season 1 DVD set of Miami Vice for this one episode. I love it!

Back in the day I wasn't allowed to watch the show because mom thought it was too full of sex, drugs, and violence... so watching this was the first time I had seen ANY Miami Vice episode EVER. Not a bad little show.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Its funny. My mother wouldn't let me listening to pop, rock or country music growing up. I could only listen to rap and R&B, but she was ok for me to watch the A-Team, Miami Vice, Dallas and The Dukes of Hazard. I didn't get that. Eeven though, I was like in elementary school when most of these shows were on air or about to end, I remembered watching some of those new episodes.

Even though I was way too young to even watch Miami Vice, I think it was ok.

Isn't it funny the lines they draw? I could listen to country or Christian contemporary, but no rock, pop, nothing like that until I was 10. Then I could listen to rock on the radio but I couldn't buy it without permission. I wasn't allowed to watch MTV either.

As far as TV shows, I was allowed to watch The Dukes of Hazard and the A-Team, but only after Mom gave us a lecture about how despite what these TV shows portrayed, the police were our friends. Dallas, Dynasty, those kind of shows... forget it! Basically, any shows were off-limits which showed people having sex, getting killed, or doing drugs (stunningly, on the A-Team, nobody ever died. Who knew it was so hard to hit people with a machine gun.) After 13, though, I could watch whatever I wanted on TV. Mom and Dad were on the other side of the world! lol

Actually, looking back, I think it's pretty sweet that she cared enough to be so diligent.

But I digress! The "Smuggler's Blues" episode is pretty violent, when you think about it. It's also interesting in that it makes you feel bad for the drug dealers whose families get blown up, rather than having the more straightforward drug-dealer-bad-guy (although we get a couple of those, too).

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I didn't start listening to country, rock and pop until I was 14, but I still wasn't allowed to go to a country show. And then going to an all black school growing up, you didn't want to say you like to listen to country, rock or pop. LOL

You know. I don't remember Glenn on Miami Vice, but I definitely remembered YBTTC. I also remembered him in Wise Guy, but that's another story. LOL

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I don't know if everybody has the Centric channel, but Smuggler's Blues is coming on again on that channel at 9:00am (this is Central time) on December 16th. I DVD'd it so I will watch it on Monday when I get home from work. That's what my guide said when I was looking up Miami Vice.
    Do you have sky? And if so what channel is it and I can record it on the box.

The only thing my Mom wasn't happy with us watching was Dallas, and even then by the age of 12 I was babysitting for neighbours most Saturday nights anyway! AND they had colour TV (We only had B&W!). At that point she gave in! As regards music there were no restrictions but our supply was limited enough as my parents were more into Classical music and at the time pop music was expensive to buy (even with Babysitting money!lol)
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Its funny. My mother wouldn't let me listening to pop, rock or country music growing up. I could only listen to rap and R&B, but she was ok for me to watch the A-Team, Miami Vice, Dallas and The Dukes of Hazard. I didn't get that. Eeven though, I was like in elementary school when most of these shows were on air or about to end, I remembered watching some of those new episodes.

Even though I was way too young to even watch Miami Vice, I think it was ok.
    You could listen to rap? I think that's the absolute worst music of all! If you can call it music! jmo!

I'm thinking I'll just have to buy the season dvd......
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten