Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 97

Thread: Glenn Frey on Miami Vice

  1. #51
    Stuck on the Border
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    24,191

    Default Re: Glenn Frey on Miami Vice

    I am a Wiseguy person. I am glad the acting stopped. He's good in MV but I regard it as a novelty.

  2. #52
    Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA
    Posts
    18,622

    Default Re: Glenn Frey on Miami Vice

    I'm with most of you all in that I enjoy watching Glenn act. I think he was really good in all of the parts he played. He, obviously, had some potential because he continued to be offered roles. But, he has said music has always been closest to his heart, and, also like most of you, I am grateful for that. I remember several years ago when he was offered the role of Billy Flynn in the Broadway production of Chicago, but he turned it down because he said the success of Long Road Out of Eden dictated everything he did for the next year. I love a man who has his priorities straight.

    "People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

  3. #53
    Out on the Border
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Illinois (US)
    Posts
    59

    Default Re: Glenn Frey on Miami Vice

    I don't have much to add except I remember Glenn being on there and I thought he did a great job. He was also very handsome, charismatic, seemed comfortable (not awkward) saying the lines and hitting the marks so I had no problem with him doing acting and music.

    Glenn would have been incredible as Flynn in Chicago. Glenn could steal the show so maybe they were worried about that? It's funny that a number of current musicians (mostly rap stars) are just fine splitting music and acting careers. Back then, an established musician also acting was a novelty and it was probably difficult to get roles. It seems now days these producers probably know that musicians bring an ready-make audience (their fans) to the movies/tv shows, etc. and might even seek them out.

  4. #54
    Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)
    Posts
    5,263

    Default Re: Glenn Frey on Miami Vice

    I finally got to watch the whole episode earlier, and I it. First off, let me say that to me, Glenn was at his absolute hottest ever in that episode. . I was drooling all over my cell phone. I had seen the first part of the episode(up until Don Johnson's character shoved him against the wall ), and was already infatuated, but now it's more like I can't speak cause he's so good looking. I wish that I knew how to make signatures because I'd love to have a photo of him from that episode as mine.
    As for Glenn's acting, I think that he did a great job, particularly in the scene after Tubbs was caught. I haven't seen any of his other work, but I sure need to.

    I only have one problem with the episode, the fact that they left Jimmy hanging with "I'm ok". Since Jimmy was shot, shouldn't they at least show him going to the hospital or (I hate to type these words) dying like in the Smuggler's Blues video?
    Last edited by AlreadyGone95; 05-20-2015 at 01:51 AM. Reason: added something I forgot
    -Kim-


    People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

  5. #55
    Stuck on the Border
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3,387

    Default Re: Glenn Frey on Miami Vice

    Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    I only have one problem with the episode, the fact that they left Jimmy hanging with "I'm ok". Since Jimmy was shot, shouldn't they at least show him going to the hospital or (I hate to type these words) dying like in the Smuggler's Blues video?
    What I've gleaned from somewhere (probably Miami Vice fansites) is that the script originally had Jimmy die in the shootout but the producers liked the character/Glenn enough that they decided to let him live. He was due to make a reappearance in a later episode but Glenn was unavailable. When Crockett and Tubbs went to the hangar there was a different pilot who told them that after his experience, Jimmy had decided to retire. So a happy ending except for those of us who wanted to see Jimmy fly again.

    See if you can stream "Let's Get Harry" from somewhere like Amazon.
    "Billy, whoever writes the songs, wins."

  6. #56
    Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)
    Posts
    5,263

    Default Re: Glenn Frey on Miami Vice

    Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    What I've gleaned from somewhere (probably Miami Vice fansites) is that the script originally had Jimmy die in the shootout but the producers liked the character/Glenn enough that they decided to let him live. He was due to make a reappearance in a later episode but Glenn was unavailable. When Crockett and Tubbs went to the hangar there was a different pilot who told them that after his experience, Jimmy had decided to retire. So a happy ending except for those of us who wanted to see Jimmy fly again.

    See if you can stream "Let's Get Harry" from somewhere like Amazon.
    Well, that makes me feel better. Thanks UTW!

    Jimmy was a likeable character who "only flies the planes". I was hoping that they didn't kill him off. It would've been cool to see him in another episode, but I think that the one off makes this episode even cooler or more special.

    I'll look for Let's Get Harry on Amazon later this afternoon.
    -Kim-


    People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

  7. #57
    Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)
    Posts
    5,263

    Default Re: Glenn Frey on Miami Vice

    I rewatched this episode tonight because I bought the first season of the show a few days ago. I'm curious about something. As the episode concludes, Smuggler's Blues plays again, but this time, it's an acoustic version. Did Glenn ever release an acoustic version of the song?
    -Kim-


    People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

  8. #58
    Stuck on the Border
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    24,191

    Default Re: Glenn Frey on Miami Vice

    Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    I rewatched this episode tonight because I bought the first season of the show a few days ago. I'm curious about something. As the episode concludes, Smuggler's Blues plays again, but this time, it's an acoustic version. Did Glenn ever release an acoustic version of the song?
    Good question. No, he didn't, but he reworked the song & slowed the tempo in live shows in more recent years.

  9. #59
    Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)
    Posts
    5,263

    Default Re: Glenn Frey on Miami Vice

    Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Good question. No, he didn't, but he reworked the song & slowed the tempo in live shows in more recent years.
    Well, I'm kind of disappointed. After hearing that snippet, I think that I would like an acoustic version of the song. Is there any video of him playing the slower tempo?
    -Kim-


    People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

  10. #60
    Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA
    Posts
    18,622

    Default Re: Glenn Frey on Miami Vice

    I don't remember off the top of my head, but you can check out the 'Live Treats' and 'Fun Stuff' Downloads that Soda has available on GlennFreyOnline ...

    http://www.glennfreyonline.com/downloads.htm

    "People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •