Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Glenn Frey on Miami Vice

Out on the Border

Smile Re: Glenn Frey on Miami Vice

Thanks. I checked and I have that network (and didn't know it).

Default Re: Glenn Frey on Miami Vice

Here's Glenn playing Smugglers Blues 1994 ... what a performance ... freaking great!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6r8iij_IGDU

Stuck on the Border

Don't think my cable company has this channel either. Missed the special shown a couple of months ago because I did not get that channel.

Seems Glenn was a natural at acting, I loved him in the Miami Vice episode and Jerry Maguire. Didn't see the Arli$$ episode he was in so I can't comment but I did see a clip of South of Sunset and frankly I was disappointed in the casting and writing.
    Last edited by Dawn; 08-08-2017 at 02:36 AM.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

We get the channel too and I've actually been rewatching some recently since the news broke last week NBC is rebooting the show for the 2018/19 season. It'll be interesting to see who they cast as modern day Crockett and Tubbs, and if they'll go the route of "Hawaii Five-0" and other recent reboots and add back in some of the recurring characters from the original. I remember Glenn's character was supposed to be a Vietnam vet that served with Crockett and they originally wanted him to recur but it never worked out, so I could easily see this episode being redone in the new version with drug smuggling still a huge problem but having them be vets from Iraq/Afghanistan and have Glenn's character stick around like they wanted. Then again we have so little on the new version of the show but I could see them adding this in if they wanted to.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

I used to watch Miami Vice a lot on El Rey Network every morning then they showing Miami Vice for a while. I think they just started back showing Miami Vice. I was just checking the guide and notice Miami Vice was back and Smuggler's Blues was coming on this morning. Too bad the Heroes & Icons channel doesn't show Glenn's arc.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Happy 33rd Birthday to the Smuggler's Blues episode. This episode and I Can't Tell You Why are very close to my birthday.

I will pop my DVD in to watch this episode.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Good idea, shun. I may try to carve out an hour today and do the same.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Where have I been ... I just learned Glenn's first wife Janie played the smuggler's female accomplice.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Where have I been ... I just learned Glenn's first wife Janie played his female friend.
    Janie Frey appears in the video for Smuggler's Blues, not the Miami Vice episode.