Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Glenn Frey on Miami Vice

Default Re: Glenn Frey on Miami Vice

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Janie Frey appears in the video for Smuggler's Blues, not the Miami Vice episode.
    Oh, thanks! I thought that was a little weird.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Stuck on the Border

I loved Miami Vice and Glenn was so hot in the episode ! I wish I got one of the stations it has been shown on lately. For someone who had never acted before, it came naturally to him.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I totally agree and he did a great job for his first acting role. One of my favorite eps of the show.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

it seemed to me Glenn had many interests and was genuinely multi-talented. His friends described him as whip smart and a quick study. Not afraid to "wade in" and try something new whether it was related to music, acting, teaching, etc. He was also a darn good storyteller. I loved him in Jerry Maguire. He was perfect for that role. I wish SOS had been given more time to develop and find the right time slot because it seemed there was some real potential there.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

I found the bit in the hotel room with Crockett where they talked about Vietnam really compelling. This, and other roles, showed he had what it took to be an actor.

On the other hand, I think he was a better musician that an actor, and if his career as an actor had succeeded, we wouldn't' have had Hell Freezes Over and the ensuing Eagles resumption.

But he had the skills. A man of many talents.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

"Smuggler's Blues" will be on Cosi TV at 3:00 p m. Central time today.
    My lunch with friends better be over in time to get home!

Caught the episode, FINALLY! (DVR'ed it last week.) We never watched "Miami Vice" because it was on at the same time as "Dallas" and my mom was a "Dallas" addict. LOLOL. I actually have the Smuggler's Blues 45 around somewhere. I played it incessantly. Heh.

The episode was good, and Glenn was obviously having a blast with it. My two favorite tidbits: when he slides down the pole in the hangar (hysterical), and gargling with the beer. I have a feeling that was taken from reality. LOLOLOLOL. But I enjoyed it.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Pippinwhite View Post
    Caught the episode, FINALLY! (DVR'ed it last week.) We never watched "Miami Vice" because it was on at the same time as "Dallas" and my mom was a "Dallas" addict. LOLOL. I actually have the Smuggler's Blues 45 around somewhere. I played it incessantly. Heh.

The episode was good, and Glenn was obviously having a blast with it. My two favorite tidbits: when he slides down the pole in the hangar (hysterical), and gargling with the beer. I have a feeling that was taken from reality. LOLOLOLOL. But I enjoyed it.
    I loved that episode of Miami Vice ! I have not seen it since it was on tv. I don't get Cosi tv - I have never heard of it !

Cozi TV has shows from the 70s-80s. Kind of depends on your cable system. Soda has the clip of Glenn sliding down the pole on her site. LOLOL.

I can usually catch an episode of "The Rockford Files" on there, too.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Pippinwhite View Post
    Cozi TV has shows from the 70s-80s. Kind of depends on your cable system. Soda has the clip of Glenn sliding down the pole on her site. LOLOL.
    I can usually catch an episode of "The Rockford Files" on there, too.
    Thanks Pippin. I always loved the Rockford Files. I get some station called "Me TV" that does old shows from the 60's and a station called "Generations" that shows shows from the 70's & 80's. No Miami Vice though.