Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you into at the moment?

Default What are you into at the moment?

It can be anything. A band, artist, a TV show, an actor or actress, a book series, an author, or something entirely different... perhaps a new exercise regime or a domestic project! Let us know what things are keeping you occupied at the moment. You can update as often as you like.

I'll start:

Six Feet Under: My friend, Kelly, lent me the box set of the first season. I finished it a couple of days ago and I am dying to get started on the second! This leads into my second choice...

Richard Jenkins: Love him as an actor! It might be his slight resemblance to James Taylor that makes me like him even more, but he is just awesome. I really want to see the only film that he has taken a lead role in, 'The Visitor'.

Researching Winchester history: I want to feel like a consummate tour guide when Howard comes to visit!

Kings & Queens: A by-product of my Winchester research. I have been reading a lot of historical biographies lately.

Country: I've always loved country music, but I am really into it at the moment. Listening to lots of Waylon Jennings, George Strait, George Jones & Don Williams.

Clearing things out: I am de-cluttering, and it feels great. I have already assembled £30 worth of old CDs and DVDs that I am going to send to MusicMagpie. I am also selling my old BlackBerry curve to FoneHub for £51. Old clothes are going to charity. I am really enjoying having a bit of an overhaul and making a little bit of cash in the meantime.

Over to you!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Default Re: What are you into at the moment?

Good idea!

Overdrive/distortion pedals - Well this shouldn't be a surprise. I've been really heavily into getting lots of different dirt pedals for my pedalboards. I've always been a clean Fender Blackface amp + pedals for crunch/gain, just like Joe. It works great and I'm ALWAYS looking for new ones or the next best thing and always looking for pedals that recreate classic tones and help me make the live show sound like the record.

Modern Country - Everyone here knows I HATE classic country with a passion. But I really love some of the modern country that sounds more like rock than it does country. The modern country bands of today sound more like Classic Rock than these Modern Rock bands do. I cannot stand Modern Rock at all - it just isn't all that great AFAIC. I love that the Nashville guys have all of the greatest gear (they are much more into gear than modern rock guys and sound WAY better) and have great tone and are closer to the types of sounds I like. I like some of the songs to. I'm a Brad Paisley/Keith Urban fan but I've really been interested lately in the Nashville cats both live and studio.

Vintage Guitar Magazine - I just recently subscribed to this and I'm so glad. It's the best magazine out there for a traditional old school guitar guy like me. The new Guitar World and magazines like that cover all of the modern stuff like guitars that Nickelback or Avenged Sevenfold play. Bleck. Can't stand it. So I really like Vintage Guitar. Also Premier Guitar isn't bad too, it covers more old stuff than Guitar World or Guitar Player but they also cover new stuff. Vintage Guitar is great for someone like me who is anti-modern rock and music for the most part and is all about old school gear.

YouTube - I spend SOOOO much time on YouTube. I'm constantly watching videos. Mainly guitar videos, gear demos, concert videos, interviews, you name it. I also put up a lot of videos there and have over 50 subscribers which is quite a lot and 10,000 views. It's pretty cool. But I am absolutely addicted to YouTube. And people love my videos there and I am considered the Pedal Expert at the guitar forum (one of them) I'm on. They say companies should be sending me their stuff to demos because my videos are so good. I tend to agree.

Playing Guitar - I still love to play. When I'm not playing I'm researching guitar-related stuff to buy. I'm still obsessed with it and I love it and I am playing in a side project band and we do lots of one off gigs off and on and basically whenever we have time and feel like it. I have one coming up in the Spring I'm looking forward to - an outdoor festival.

Whirlpool Baths - They help me relax and help my neck and spine to hurt less. 'Nuff said.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Great idea!!

Chillaxin': (Chilling and relaxing). After working 50 to 80 hours per week since the beginning of July with no vacation days, I've been back to 40 hour weeks since the beginning of the year. I've done a lot of napping.

Catching up with friends: All those I've ignored while working so much have gotten some time and attention. Going out to dinner, etc.

Working out: I have time for exercise now!

Sports: While my beloved Steelers fell short of their Super Bowl goal, I still have my hopes penned on my Penguins and watch or listen to every game.

Cleaning: All the filing and deep cleaning I've been putting off is now getting done. I've taken loads of things to the landfill twice. Next up is the attic.

I have a horrible feeling that after next week, the hours will pick back up again, and so I'm thinking of looking for another job altogether.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Oh yes! I forgot about sports! I am so excited about the start of the Six Nations (rugby union) this weekend and, of course, the Super Bowl. I am going to finish work Sunday morning, come home and sleep for a few hours and be ready to watch England take on Scotland in the afternoon, followed by the Super Bowl. It will be a long night because of the time difference, but a lot of fun! I am rooting for the Giants.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post
    I am rooting for the Giants.
    Me, too!!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

This is a great idea Louise!

High School Basketball-Our small school has 2 great teams this year. Our girls team will hopefully make it to the state tournament for the 4th time in four years. Having a great-niece and 2 nieces on the team makes it fun to watch. And 2 of the 3 are on the first string. (Not bragging or anything! lol) The boys are very good too and have only lost one game this year after several years of being not very good at all. They probably won't make it to state (boys teams are just different), but they are fun for a change. I have a great-nephew and a nephew on the first string there too.

Working Out-I try to get it in 3 evenings a week and on Sunday, but it's hard. Going to BB games 2 nights a week doesn't help either. I admire anyone who gets up at the crack of dawn to work out before work. I just ain't gonna do that!

Reading-I've been reading a lot in the evenings. Why can't you find something to watch on tv when you have 200 channels available on the Dish?!

Getting stuff together for the dreaded tax appointment tomorrow! Thankfully, that mess will be over for another year!

Super Bowl? I like to watch the commercials and half-time, but don't have a clue what's going on in the game!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post
    It can be anything. A band, artist, a TV show, an actor or actress, a book series, an author, or something entirely different... perhaps a new exercise regime or a domestic project! Let us know what things are keeping you occupied at the moment. You can update as often as you like.

I'll start:

Six Feet Under: My friend, Kelly, lent me the box set of the first season. I finished it a couple of days ago and I am dying to get started on the second! This leads into my second choice...

Richard Jenkins: Love him as an actor! It might be his slight resemblance to James Taylor that makes me like him even more, but he is just awesome. I really want to see the only film that he has taken a lead role in, 'The Visitor'.

Researching Winchester history: I want to feel like a consummate tour guide when Howard comes to visit!

Kings & Queens: A by-product of my Winchester research. I have been reading a lot of historical biographies lately.

Country: I've always loved country music, but I am really into it at the moment. Listening to lots of Waylon Jennings, George Strait, George Jones & Don Williams.

Clearing things out: I am de-cluttering, and it feels great. I have already assembled £30 worth of old CDs and DVDs that I am going to send to MusicMagpie. I am also selling my old BlackBerry curve to FoneHub for £51. Old clothes are going to charity. I am really enjoying having a bit of an overhaul and making a little bit of cash in the meantime.

Over to you!
    I'll be interested to know which kings & queens interest you. I'm currently reading a biography of Henry IV, one of my heroes.

This is a great topic, but I lead a very quiet life and will have to think of something to say.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I am into the Super Bowl today - not because I'm that interested in the outcome of the game (although I love football), but because my family is getting together for a Super Bowl party.

Another thing that I have been into lately is astronomy. I always loved learning about the universe when I was young, but my interest has been "re-peaked" lately because my nephew is now studying it in school and is really "into" it. Once he found out I know a little about it, he had has fun quizzing me about my knowledge. We have turned it into a fun game (Star of the Week) where we have to locate a certain star or planet in the sky each week. In any event, it is a fun way to stay connected to my nephew (albeit a bit nerdy) and I have actually learned quite a few new things myself. They have discovered a LOT of new things about the universe since I was in school.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

That's great, Dreamer! I am fascinated by stars and the universe, too, but I know very little... So much to learn about, so little time! Fun games like that are a brilliant way to learn more.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

My kitchen--Like I believe I've stated in What's Happening, we've completely gutted our kitchen and it seems to have over taken my life right now.

Andrew Greeley-- I used to read his books a lot way back in the 80s and just recently downloaded about a half dozen of his books I haven't read yet onto my Kindle Fire and reading him again. Forgot how much I love his stuff. It's especially cool because of the locations of his books being my area and he talks a lot about stores we frequent, the little towns we live and visit on a daily basis and, of course, Notre Dame.

Hubby's health and working---He's been working anywhere from 65-75 hours a week the last several weeks-7 days a week, and actually ended up in the hospital a couple weeks ago. Thankfully, everything turned out ok but it's been a bit scary and they're still running test but think it was simply exhaustion and stress. Imagine that!!

Katie
    - she had moved out 2 months ago but we moved her back home this past week. She was rooming with 2 other girls and one of them just went wild. She was stealing from the girls, her and 2 of her friends were caught in my daughter's room rummaging through her stuff. She was cooking down drugs in their kitchen one night when Katie came home from work. She's been bringing home strange men on a nightly basis and keeps getting fired from jobs for various reasons. She needs some serious help but isn't getting it from herself or her own family. Finally the other girls family and us spoke and decided for our own girls safety, it was time to bring them home and try to break the lease. We agreed that we were actually fearing for our girls safety under the circumstances. We held off thinking their old enough to handle it themselves and hopefully it would calm down. Then I decided to call the mother of the girl after Katie called me to tell me she had caught her cooking drugs in her kitchen, to no avail. The mother actually went into her daughter's FB and called my daughter a b*tch in a picture of them after the conversation. It became obvious at that time why the daughter actually acted like she did.

Words With Friends
    ----LOVE LOVE LOVE this FB game. Have it on my phone, my Kindle, my computer.... LOL
    He sings it high, he plays it low