Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: What are you into at the moment?

Default Re: What are you into at the moment?

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    Besides, what I find more disrespectful is the demolitions that most bands did of the hotels they stayed at. And this includes the Eagles. Destroying property is really showing disrespect to not just the hotel, but to all the other people staying at those hotels, who many times had to be evacuated due to the damages done by bands.
    I hate the destruction to hotels too (although I've never heard of an evacuation??). I don't laugh at those stories they love to tell about Joe ripping up hotel art, cutting up walls, and destroying TVs. There are a lot of poor people out there who would love to have that TV they're destroying for fun.

Frankly, I find such behavior disturbing. When you start to think about why a man would get off on destroying things, why destruction gives him such pleasure... well, let's just say it doesn't paint a pretty picture of his psyche (no offense to Joe).

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I'm thinking about getting back into playing the bass. I used to play a little back in the late 80s - never performance-grade, but just for my own enjoyment.

I mentioned my thoughts to a musician friend of mine this weekend, and he offered to help me find a good one in my price range and said he'd let me use some equipment he's not using. So I'm gonna take the plunge.

I got inspired by River of Dreams on my way into work this morning. I always loved the bass line in that song.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Good for you WE!!!! I don't know if you knew, but I'm rather fond of the bass and the people who play them.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Good for you WE!!!! I don't know if you knew, but I'm rather fond of the bass and the people who play them.
    You don't say!

I figured I'll start by learning from Glenn and work my way up to Timothy and Randy.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Windeagle View Post
    You don't say!

I figured I'll start by learning from Glenn and work my way up to Timothy and Randy.
    And The Cars, Benjamin Orr and Rush's Geddy Lee and......
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Very cool, WE! I've been thinking lately that I really want to dedicate more time to my guitar.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Star Trek - I watched the original series as a kid but I only really got into it about a year ago when I discovered that all the shows were streaming on Netflix. In the span of a year I watched every episode of all five tv shows and all of the movies. Actually I watched the third show, Deep Space Nine, twice. Its my favorite of the five

Dune - I've been reading and loving Frank Herbert's Dune books.

Open up your eyes take the devil from your mind

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

addicted to playing words with friends .Although I rarely win, lol, I am getting better. Of course my godson, baby Lucas.....I so just love that baby and being around him..It feels so calming to hold him and play with him as he discovers all the world around him and when he smiles at me, it melts my heart.

Stuck on the Border Grey Sadler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Windeagle View Post
    I'm thinking about getting back into playing the bass. I used to play a little back in the late 80s - never performance-grade, but just for my own enjoyment.
    (snip)
    I got inspired by River of Dreams on my way into work this morning. I always loved the bass line in that song.
    Sounds like a plan!!
    I actually have to find a new teacher through my school for the summer...and have to move next week's lesson (I'm giving out the Science awards at Honors Night )

I have a book with all the sheet music up to HFO...sometimes I get it out and try to pick at the bass clef line...and get intimidated and put it away...for now

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post
    Very cool, WE! I've been thinking lately that I really want to dedicate more time to my guitar.
    I love my guitar and I feel so sorry that with a fulltime job and a family I only manage to pick it up for about 5 minutes a week.... then someone calls for me.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP