Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you into at the moment?

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: What are you into at the moment?

Quote Originally Posted by Henley Honey View Post
    Sounds like fun, FP. Did you ever get the postcards I sent you in December?
    Yes. I'm sorry I didn't say so at the time. They are very nice.

That looks really cool. I never get postcards anymore. Just bills in my mailbox!
    People hardly even send cards anymore, just Ecards. When I get a card in the mail, I'm shocked!! LOL

My car was in the shop today so I maxed the time at home and gutted the family room for a really THOROUGH cleaning...with a little help from my friends -- popped Farewell 1 on while I worked. It was hard to focus on the task at hand but I got it done so I'm treating myself after dinner and spending the evening with Don. A bottle of wine and LIVE Inside Job!
    You were just too busy being FABULOUS....

Victim of Love

Sounds great, VOL!

Speaking of cleaning, I have really got into making homemade cleaning products and air fresheners lately. I have been trawling for more ideas online this evening. It is simple and fun, and I love that I am not having to spend much money on chemical-based cleaning products. Great for the environment, too.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

That's a novel idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post
    Sounds great, VOL!

Speaking of cleaning, I have really got into making homemade cleaning products and air fresheners lately. I have been trawling for more ideas online this evening. It is simple and fun, and I love that I am not having to spend much money on chemical-based cleaning products. Great for the environment, too.
    Check this page out:
    http://www.wendylsgreengoddess.co.nz...ng_Recipes.php

I remember seeing various recipes in women's magazines over the years similar to some of these.
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

Bald Eagles' Nest Web Cam - http://www.wvec.com/eaglecam There aren't even any eggs yet and it's interesting! The resident male, who lost his mate last year when she was hit by an airplane, was right on track this past fall looking for a mate. It seemed he had found one in October, except she wasn't seen again after the new year. Then came female #2, who he was seen mating with on camera, and just when we thought they had bonded here comes #3! It is humorously being called As the Nest Turns, because of the drama unfolding. (BTW, lately it does seem as though he has bonded well with #3, and hopefully there will be an egg laid soon!)

Trip to the Dominican Republic - The past couple of weeks have been spent shopping, tanning, working out and getting highlights all in preparation for my free trip with my SIL. Everything's paid for - the airfare, stay at the resort, food, drinks, shows.....it's the trip of a lifetime for me!

Working Out - Yep, it's amazing how motivated you get when you find out you're going somewhere where you'll be living in a swim suit. I get up early in the morning and walk on the treadmill before getting ready for work. Either that or 'bicycle around the island' on the Wii Fit.

Natalie Merchant - Yeah, I know, she's been around a long time, but I recently purchased her Millineum album on Itunes and love her voice. I find that I really enjoy good female vocalists.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Your trip sounds fantastic, Prettymaid!

I will add to my list: photography! We have a new camera (okay, we've had it about 5 months but that's still new to me), a dSLR, and am loving playing around with it. I've also been reading up, although it's a little overwhelming to realise how much I don't know . Must plan more organised trips with photography objectives in mind - so far it's been about capturing the moment (of course that's great too!).
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

Science Fiction
    This has always been a love of mine. Now, I don't like all science fiction's subgenres; I'm not into the really dark stuff, the doomsday/apocalyptic stuff, or the "dungeons and dragons" type fantasy stuff. I'm into the intelligent, exciting, and/or funny scifi. I got hooked as a kid - my favorite movies were Star Wars, E.T., and Back to the Future. In high school, I started watching Star Trek: The Next Generation (I watched the old Star Trek in re-runs, too). I also really love Firefly, despite its short run, and another favorite is The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - which, ironically, I discovered via the Eagles because I was curious as to how they used "Journey of the Sorcerer." While I'm not sure the next one counts, I find Mystery Science Theater 3000 to be a riot, where they mostly riff on scifi movies. If you count superheros as science fiction, then there's a whole 'nother set I enjoy. Give me a good superhero action flick on a Saturday afternoon and I'm happy! I have even considered going to science fiction conventions... maybe one of these days. I just have to get a good costume first - I don't want the regular convention attendees to think I'm uncool.

The Big Bang Theory
    (TV Show)

Several of my friends and members of my family recommended this TV show to me, and I find it so hilarious that I started buying them up on DVD. I haven't liked a show enough to do that in a long time - not since Friends and Firefly. I just watched Season Two, marathon-style, this weekend. So funny!!!

High-Heeled Shoes/Boots

OK, this may seem silly but I cannot walk into a shoe store that sells cool heels and not lust after a pair. My recent discovery of a DSW only a half hour away from my apartment may cut into my concert fund considerably. If I find high-heeled platforms... forget it. Out comes the wallet.

Big Earrings
    I used to think big earrings were tacky or ostentatious. However,some of my friends were wearing them and looking pretty good, so I decided to experiment with them. Now, I feel naked if I don't have a half inch of something sparkly dangling down from my earlobe.

Coke Zero
    Dang, I am addicted to this stuff. I can easily go through a liter a day. Yeah, I know it's not healthy, but (cue rationalization) there are worse vices. And hey, I gotta live up to my name, right?

Netfix
    Yeah, I wasn't happy when they upped their prices, but I still love the service. For a while, I hardly ever watched movies. Now I watch them all the time, streaming them as I do other things without having to take the trouble to rent them, and finding all sorts of rare gems that I otherwise wouldn't have had access to (although you often have to get those through the DVD subscription, which I have as well).

Sparkpeople.com
    This calorie-counting tool has been invaluable to me in my efforts to lose weight.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    High-Heeled Shoes/Boots
    My recent discovery of a DSW only a half hour away from my apartment may cut into my concert fund considerably.

Say WHAT???? Three words for you, Soda:

JUST SAY NO !!!!!