Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Grammys tonight

Default Re: Grammys tonight

Quote Originally Posted by timfan View Post
    One thing I found noticable last night was.. how few of the awards were actually given out on screen. The show was packed with great performances which obviously is what the public wants to see!
    I know I for one would like to see more awards presented. I sure would've liked to see the Eagles get their Grammys onstage rather than at pre-show functions in both 2007 and 2008.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I know I for one would like to see more awards presented. I sure would've liked to see the Eagles get their Grammys onstage rather than at pre-show functions in both 2007 and 2008.
    Were they even there? I think I remember seeing Timothy accepting an award, but I don't remember if it was the Grammys? I think he was the only Eagle there. They are known for not attending these things, at least in the past anyway.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Looks like Glenn watched the Grammys in some high powered company, at the home of Universal Music Group's Lucian Grainge (who also lives in the Brentwood area). Irving Azoff was in attendance as well.

http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/indus...06183682.story
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Well that was for this years Grammy's. Would have been nice for them to see Joe up there with Paul, but who knows.
    Soda was talking about the 2007, 2008 Grammy's where I guess they won something. Maybe they didn't expect to win. I haven't really kept up with how many Grammy's the Eagles have....Ummm, maybe I should look that up. As an Eagle fan, maybe I should know how many Grammy's the Eagles have.
    I know they won for Hotel California & were not there to accept the awards.

TK, sorry, I didn't read all the posts to realize that somehow the thread started talking about past Grammy shows or I would have clarified that my post was talking about this year. I just found it interesting that Glenn attended an 'intimate gathering' of execs and artists.
    VK

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    Well that was for this years Grammy's. Would have been nice for them to see Joe up there with Paul, but who knows.
    Soda was talking about the 2007, 2008 Grammy's where I guess they won something. Maybe they didn't expect to win. I haven't really kept up with how many Grammy's the Eagles have....Ummm, maybe I should look that up. As an Eagle fan, maybe I should know how many Grammy's the Eagles have.
    I know they won for Hotel California & were not there to accept the awards.
    The Eagles have 6 Grammys. Here are the details from EOC:

The Eagles have won six Grammys. In 1975, Lyin' Eyes won Best Pop Vocal Performance by a Duo, Group, or Chorus. In 1977, the single Hotel California won for record of the year, and New Kid in Town won Best Arrangement for Voices. In 1979, Heartache Tonight won Best Rock Vocal Performance by a Duo, Group, or Chorus. In 2008, How Long won Best Country Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocals. Finally, in 2009, I Dreamed There Was No War won Best Pop Instrumental Performance.

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/funfacts.htm

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    Looks like Glenn watched the Grammys in some high powered company, at the home of Universal Music Group's Lucian Grainge (who also lives in the Brentwood area). Irving Azoff was in attendance as well.

http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/indus...06183682.story

VA, I appreciate this, because it still gives me hope that Glenn's album is being 'discussed'.

Thanks for that info Freypower. I knew one of you Eagles experts would know this. If I remember correctly, The album, Hotel California lost out for Album of the Year to Fleetwood Mac, Rumours album in 1977. Well, that was a good album also. I guess a tough choice for those who voted!!

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    VA, I appreciate this, because it still gives me hope that Glenn's album is being 'discussed'.
    Sorry FP, but I had to giggle a bit at this statement. I had been picturing Glenn, Irving and others sitting around watching the Grammy's like so many other people did that night and discussing the acts that performed or were nominated or won. Then I read this and I started imagining a conversation with Glenn and the other attendees that every time someone said something about what they were watching, Glenn interrupted with information or something about his album being released. I'm just thinking/hoping that maybe they just enjoyed watching the Grammy's and weren't all about business.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Sorry FP, but I had to giggle a bit at this statement. I had been picturing Glenn, Irving and others sitting around watching the Grammy's like so many other people did that night and discussing the acts that performed or were nominated or won. Then I read this and I started imagining a conversation with Glenn and the other attendees that every time someone said something about what they were watching, Glenn interrupted with information or something about his album being released. I'm just thinking/hoping that maybe they just enjoyed watching the Grammy's and weren't all about business.
    Are you kidding me? For guys like Azoff and Lucian Grainge, just being in the same room with someone is about business.
    VK