Page 23 of 300 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Yes, I'm sure we all shed a tear or some for Brandon yesterday. Willie, please pass on to his wife the condolences from my Dublin kids who have been praying for him over the last few weeks. They too were very upset at the news.

I'm sure the reward of those last few words of love will be a real comfort to Tiff in the times that lie ahead.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Thank you all!!!!! Your kind words are a true comfort to me and will be to his family (I've told Tiff about all of you following their journey and she's always been very touched to know that Brandon had prayers from all over the world coming his way). This whole community is in mourning right now along with people that Tiffiany and Brandon knew thru Lung Cancer support groups and online forums. They are truly such inspirational people because of the way they handled what was dealt to them with such dignity and grace. They say everything happens for a reason and I've tried to understand that and I keep going back to the fact that I think after things get a bit back to normal for Tiff, she will become an advocate like no other anyone's ever seen for the lack of funding and research in lung cancer. She made it her goal to become educated right from the get go and told me shortly after the diagnosis that she intended to make the world aware of it. She was studying to be a radiation tech when he was diagnosed and promised Brandon she'd go back to school and finish so I think one thing will lead to another and she will make it her life's goal to work in the Oncology field and research. Only time will tell.

Today I will be celebrating life tho---My nephew and his fiance are at the hospital having their baby girl today. So we are anxiously awaiting her arrival and will concentrate on that right now.

Tomorrow is the funeral. This is definitely a week of up and down emotions.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post

Today I will be celebrating life tho---My nephew and his fiance are at the hospital having their baby girl today. So we are anxiously awaiting her arrival and will concentrate on that right now.
    What a wonderful gift at this time!

I'm glad that you have something so special and positive to occupy your heart and mind during this sad time. It's like it was meant to be.. a celebration of a new life, to help with pain and sorrow of losing another. I don't know you well (yet) but, I think we are all the same here. We just want to love and be loved and when one person is hurting, we all hurt. Hopefully, even simple words from a complete stranger, miles away, well you get through this time.

My mind is Tiffany twisted

I like the way you put that Willie - "celebrating life" - about the birth of your nephew's baby ( best wishes to them)! In a way, tomorrow at the funeral, you will be celebrating life as well by remembering Brandon's.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border tequila girl's Avatar

Willie, I was so very sad to hear the news about Brandon,(though i've not posted for a while, I check up, and he was often in my thoughts) Please pass on my most sincere condolences to Tiff, Eathan & Sophie and of course yourself and all of his friends & family....
    So glad that he found the strength to make those vids that will be a treasure for them all forever!
    The saying goes "One leaves, another one arrives" I hope everyone can find the courage to carry on without sad memories marring their lives too much (I know it takes time) especially Tiff though, with her aspirations to make it as a Radiation Tech.
    God Bless You All.
    ~Carole~

There is no more new frontier - we have got to make it here

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Well the good news is, I have my 20th great niece/nephew-- she was born Wedn. night and her name is Lillian Macara, and she's perfect!!!

Today was the funeral and I thought I would share something with you. It was probably the roughest funeral (next to my parents) that I have ever attended. The crowd that turned out was unbelievable and they couldn't even fit everyone into the church. The receiving line after the service was almost 1 1/2 hours. Tiff was completely overwhelmed by the crowd and support the family got. He touched so many lives and if he was watching today, he had to know that. Brandon had been a fireman so the end of the funeral when they did the "final call home", there wasn't a dry eye in the place.

Remember the videos he did on Monday? He also did one for the funeral. Tore me (and everyone) up watching it. The TeamHORA FB (I know some of you here had liked it on FB when we first put it together) posted it on YouTube this evening. I thought I'd share it for anyone who might want to see it. It shows just what kind of an amazing, inspiring man he was and how he coped with learning to die. In the end, he wasn't worried about dying but worried about leaving everyone else behind. Remember this was filmed less than 48 hours before he passed away.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igLi4AFaGjg[/ame]

Like I said earlier, this has been an emotional rollercoaster kind of week. One more thing tomorrow that won't be so pleasant as we meet with a real estate agent to get my Mom's house on the market. Then I think I will take a deep breath, and try to relax for the rest of the weekend.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

How could there be a dry eye in the house after something like that? He has such composure and bravery. The part that really got me was when he was remembering bringing Eathan home. This is so very heartbreaking, but as he said, he'll see them again.

Thank you and Tiffany for sharing this.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

No regrets. How wonderful to have lived a life with no regrets.

What a strong, loving, extraordinary man. They were so blessed to have had him in their lives. I truly believe his is still with them, giving hugs and holding hands.

TBF, thank you for sharing Brandon's video with us. How very moving... He seems to have been an extraordinary person, and the loss for his family is great. So sad... so sad....

TBF, take care of yourself. You have been through a very, very difficult time. One day at a time now (something I keep saying to myself).

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

How very moving and very brave. RIP Brandon.

Take care, TBF.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."