Page 11 of 300 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

TBF, I was wondering how Brandon was doing and figured it wasn't a good sign that you hadn't posted an update before now.

It's so hard to lose those around you, and especially to cancer. It's easy for me to say that being faced with such a thing would strengthen my faith as I've never been faced with such a thing. I will continue to pray for Brandon and his family, and you as well.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Yeah, I've been wondering all week about Brandon too and had been thinking similar thoughts to VA. Willie I'm really shocked and very upset to hear this news. I don't blame you bring on a downer today. Life deals some people a very bad hand, often the hard working people who are dedicated to their families like Brandon. For what it's worth, just know that we are all here for you in these troubled times. And I know I speak for everybody when I say we will be keeping Brandon and his family in our thoughts and prayers over the next few months. Damn that C word.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I'm sorry to hear about the prognosis.

Hi, my mom died of lung cancer that spread to her bones and brain. it was devastating. Prayers to you and your friends.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Willie, I'm so sorry to hear this news and will keep you, Brandon and his family in my thoughts and prayers. I hope they have a pastor friend that can help them all through this terrible time.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Really sorry to hear this news TBF...Thoughts are with them. This is so difficult

Stuck on the Border

Willie, I'm so sorry to hear about Brandon. It's tough when there's nothing you can do or say to make things right. All you can do is be there.

I've been thru times like you've been going thru. It's tough. Part of it is having a big family and lots of friends. Increases the odds of having to go thru stuff, I guess. Wish I had some great wisdom or insight to pass on to you, but I think you've already got it covered, my friend. You're very strong, and very big hearted. Two things that are going to come in handy in the upcoming weeks.

One day at a time. And remember, you need to take care of yourself, too. You have lots of people who care about you in your life, including here. So -use us!
    [

I've been praying for Brandon too and am terribly saddened to hear that he only has three months to live. I can understand the questions - "If people are praying for him, why isn't he getting better? Why does he have to suffer at all when he never hurt anyone? Shouldn't only bad people who deserve it get cancer?"

I don't have the answers to these questions, but I do believe that with faith, you can take comfort in a world beyond this one. You can take comfort in the fact that he is going to a better place and that one day, his family will join him there.

Without this hope, what kind of hope is there for any of us? We''ll all die sometime. I hope I live a long and healthy life and die without suffering, but we're all a hair's breadth away from death every day. Whether we're an angel or a serial killer, death comes to us all in one way or another. I could die tomorrow. What if I'd had my recent dizzy spell while driving, for instance? I could have died in a car accident and taken other innocent people with me.

Our hearts tell us that God should make sure that all good people live long, happy, and healthy lives and that only bad people should hurt and suffer, but we live in an imperfect world. The perfect world is the next one. God does make sure of that.

All we can do is live our lives as best we can and trust there is more to it than this.

My words probably mean little to you now in the midst of your pain, and I'm so sad for your friend. I can only imagine what he and his family are going through. It's just that my faith is the only way I can make sense of things.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I've been praying for Brandon too and am terribly saddened to hear that he only has three months to live. I can understand the questions - "If people are praying for him, why isn't he getting better? Why does he have to suffer at all when he never hurt anyone? Shouldn't only bad people who deserve it get cancer?"

I don't have the answers to these questions, but I do believe that with faith, you can take comfort in a world beyond this one. You can take comfort in the fact that he is going to a better place and that one day, his family will join him there.

Without this hope, what kind of hope is there for any of us? We''ll all die sometime. I hope I live a long and healthy life and die without suffering, but we're all a hair's breadth away from death every day. Whether we're an angel or a serial killer, death comes to us all in one way or another. I could die tomorrow. What if I'd had my recent dizzy spell while driving, for instance? I could have died in a car accident and taken other innocent people with me.

Our hearts tell us that God should make sure that all good people live long, happy, and healthy lives and that only bad people should hurt and suffer, but we live in an imperfect world. The perfect world is the next one. God does make sure of that.

All we can do is live our lives as best we can and trust there is more to it than this.

My words probably mean little to you now in the midst of your pain, and I'm so sad for your friend. I can only imagine what he and his family are going through. It's just that my faith is the only way I can make sense of things.
    Very nicely said, Soda.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Willie, I'm so sorry to hear this sad sad news about Brandon! This is for all of you a very hard time, particularly of course for his family, all of you are in my thoughts and prayers!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)