Page 14 of 300 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Horrible.

Sorry to hear that, VA. How tragic.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Awful, VA! Prayers for the families.

I had a very interesting day!

HH called me about getting tickets today - I had completely forgotten. Last night, I had started to have little epileptic episodes and so I went right to bed after I got home. When I woke up this morning, I still wasn't over it. If it weren't for her calling, I would have missed out entirely.

I was feeling shaky from the get-go, but it was still in my hands to buy tickets for not only myself but PLS and Dreamer as well - and I wasn't even sure what Dreamer wanted to do because I couldn't reach her! I put that aside and gambled that she'd want the seats.

So I sat down at the computer and got to work. I was having a lot of trouble concentrating and I could barely type because my hands were shaking, but was I going to let that stop me? HELL to the NO! I would stop when I lost consciousness and not before! I was only afraid I would mess up in my confusion and not buy the right tickets. Luckily, HH helped me with one of the seating charts or I'm not sure I could've figured it out in my state. Indeed, afterwards, I couldn't remember what shows I had bought tickets for or how many. I had to look it up in my gmail!

But it turned out fine, and it was TOTALLY WORTH IT. Second row for both shows, baby!

Afterwards, I was trying to get ready to go to work, but the little "blips" just wouldn't stop and as they usually precede a big seizure, I knew I couldn't drive. I called in sick to work and started to feel a bit sorry for myself, I must admit.

However, whenever I started to feel down, I reminded myself that I had just gotten second row tickets for two different Glenn Frey solo shows and I cheered up quite a bit, my friends! I wiped my tears and smiled. And guess what? The big seizure never came. The smaller seizures and trembling subsided after a while. All is well!

Another exciting day in the life of sodascouts! lol

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Soda, very very glad to hear that it all turned out OK. I was shaky buying tix this morning as well, because the cough medicine gives me a heck of a hangover. You've certainly put it in perspective for me!

Take care of yourself, Soda. I mean it.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border

Nancy, I mean it too. PLEASE take care of yourself; but delighted about second row, of course.

I'm sorry to hear that news, VA.

Soda, take care of yourself!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Congrats on the fantastic seats Nancy...you all will have to pass some love on to "Sugar" from those of us who can't be there

Soda - Take care! And congrats on the tickets.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    I told you Monday that I would update all of you regarding Brandon. It took a couple of days because it's just been almost to hard to think about or understand. It was very bad news after the scan. The cancer has not only moved from his lungs and into his bones but this scan showed it was now in his brain. He's been given about 3 months and they have called in hospice.

I spent a great deal of time with Tiff this morning talking and she's still one of the bravest, most amazing people I know. She's keeping it together right now. The thing that she's having the most difficulty with at this time is telling the kids. Their daughter who is 4 doesn't really see what's going on because Dad's always been sick (he was diagnosed right after she turned 2) but their son who is 8 is really having a tough time and is old enough to see Dad getting worse and knows it's not good. She's uncertain how to prepare them for the inevitable but the hospice nurse told her yesterday that they have awesome counseling for children and will help her.

She admitted to me this morning that she's had to battle with her faith these last few months but maintains that is what's getting her thru it but Brandon is p*ssed at God right now. Totally understandable and I just hope he comes to terms with it before it's all over. In my own experience, I truly believe some people cling to their faith or even strengthen it thru something like this where others question or lose it all together. I know that definitely happened with me and I'm still struggling.

In looking thru the old What's Happening thread, I found the post from the day we put my Mom in the hospital in August.....

Little did I know that I was about to lose my 5th love one 3 days later when Mom died and now here we go again only a few months later. It just never seems to end. It happened that way in 2007 when my father was dying of cancer and I lost one of my best friends and an aunt and uncle also.

It's hard to keep the faith when it continues to happen to the people you care so much for.

Sorry I'm such a downer today.
    Oh, dear Lord, I'm so sorry, Willie. I wish I could take away your pain. The tears are streaming down my face.

I'm sorry I'm so late on this - I haven't been on The Border for the last few days.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Okay, I've been catching up.

Lou! Congratulations on completing your skydive! What an exciting adventure for you!

Brooke! Congratulations on the Lady Mustangs' win! May they keep progressing!

VA: I'm so sorry to learn of the awful accident happening in your area.

Soda! Girl, you must take care of yourself - don't push yourself so hard, even for Glenn ! But having said that, I'm glad you got to book such great tickets for his shows! And I'm glad that you didn't experience the big seizure you feared.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down