Page 24 of 300 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

What an extraordinary video that Brandon made. I admire his courage and his at least outward calm in being able to record it so well. What bravery and strength of character. It's so hard to believe he passed so soon afterwards.

I'm sure that this and the other videos he made for his family will help them through the times to come. And they will always have the comfort of knowing how much he loved them all to the end, that he never regretted his life choices. He will always be with them in spirit. I'm sure too that they are comforted by the fact that they all did everything that they could to help him through this illness.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I have just watched Brandon's video, and I am sitting here with tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat. I am heartbroken that he couldn't have had fifty more years with his family, but I am truly inspired by his bravery and the calm, rational way that he talked about his situation. He seemed so strong - as if he could have lived another few years. I am so sad that he was taken away so young, but it seems that, at the age of 31, he understood life and what was important. He spoke from his soul, with truth, emotion and honesty, and I can feel the goodness emanating from him. I can sincerely say that, despite never having known him personally, I will never forget him. I wish Tiff every success in her campaign, and I am willing to do anything I can possibly do to help. Watching that video has made Brandon's loss very real, and his message of "no regrets" really sums it all up. We just have to live as fully as we can while we have the chance, and value the people who care about us. Brandon has plenty of those people, in his immediate community and, now, across the world. What an amazing guy.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Stuck on the Border

Just thought I'd pop in and say that my surgery/procedure went well. Still a bit sore but nothing bad at all.

The plastic surgeon and I talked throughout the whole procedure about guitars so he must have known to talk so I wouldn't get sick hearing all of the tools he was using and just knowing even though I couldn't feel it - what he was doing.. But he talked to me the whole time and even a few minutes after. I have no stitches - they are all under the skin and will dissolve. It's really weird.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Just thought I'd pop in and say that my surgery/procedure went well. Still a bit sore but nothing bad at all.

The plastic surgeon and I talked throughout the whole procedure about guitars so he must have known to talk so I wouldn't get sick hearing all of the tools he was using and just knowing even though I couldn't feel it - what he was doing.. But he talked to me the whole time and even a few minutes after. I have no stitches - they are all under the skin and will dissolve. It's really weird.
    Austin, I was trying to remember when you were having the procedure and wondered when it seemed you hadn't been on here in a while. I'm glad it went well! Get back up to speed soon!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    Austin, I was trying to remember when you were having the procedure and wondered when it seemed you hadn't been on here in a while. I'm glad it went well! Get back up to speed soon!
    Yes - I forgot to check in sooner. I haven't been online much outside of Facebook and email. I got my new effects pedal the other day and I've been playing guitar and that's about it.

Thanks!

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Glad to here it, Austin!!! Hopefully the pain will go away shortly also.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Thanks for the update! I'm glad it went well.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Glad it went well and that you're feeling well enough to play. Good to have you back.

Good to hear, Austin!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Welcome back Austin. Glad you are ok! Enjoy playing with your new toys!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP