Page 4 of 300 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Yikes, guys! I hope I don't start getting these calls! Thankfully I don't have this problem now!

My Mom is doing very well with her insulin treatment. We have even let her go home, but one of us goes out to her house 4 times a day to make sure she gets the correct dosage. She just lives a couple country miles from me and one from my older brother, so it's not too bad. She is also watching her diet and I guess that is helping because she has only had to take 2 shots a day and the doctor was recommending 4. I've learned lots about it over the past few days and my mind is reeling!

Now if we can figure out Medicare and all that's involved with that. Right now my head hurts after a discussion about it last night I hardly got any sleep!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    I'm always getting calls saying this is so and so from card services and there's no problem with your credit card but you're eligible for lower rates, blah, blah, blah..... Only problem is, we don't have any credit cards any more but 1 that has a 0 balance on it that we have just in case. No way to stop the calls that I've figured out either. Frustrating!!!!
    Yes! It's "Rachel" right? I get calls from "Rachel from card member services" every couple of weeks, which I hang up as soon as I hear that automated phrase. I have a minimal balance on my two credit cards because when I was younger I wracked up a horrible credit card debt and when I realized how much I was paying in interest alone, I swore I would never let that happen again. I hate the fact that those calls are trying to act like they're from your credit card company to trick you into listening. There are older people who fall for that kind of thing.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    My Mom is doing very well with her insulin treatment. We have even let her go home, but one of us goes out to her house 4 times a day to make sure she gets the correct dosage. She just lives a couple country miles from me and one from my older brother, so it's not too bad. She is also watching her diet and I guess that is helping because she has only had to take 2 shots a day and the doctor was recommending 4. I've learned lots about it over the past few days and my mind is reeling!

Now if we can figure out Medicare and all that's involved with that. Right now my head hurts after a discussion about it last night I hardly got any sleep!
    Glad to hear your Mom is doing better. Don't get too stressed out!

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Yes! It's "Rachel" right? I get calls from "Rachel from card member services" every couple of weeks, which I hang up as soon as I hear that automated phrase.
    You know her too? That's the one. Should be a law against it!!!

Brooke-- so happy to hear your Mom is accepting it all and doing so well. Good luck with the whole medicare thing. It's a freaking nightmare, I know!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border

I have been helping my mother move from a big house to a smaller villa with no stairs. The big move is today. It's all been very stressful this whole week.

Brooke; So glad to hear your mom is doing well. That's great news. I'm sure you will figure out the Medicare.

Frypower; Good luck with that move. Moving is my worst nightmare. I swore after my last move that I will never move again, but now that may be happening one of these days! It's very stressful.

Brooke - Glad to hear your mom is doing well. It's very stressful I know and I hope she adjusts well to the medication.

FP - Good luck!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

Rosalind & I are home now but Mike is still at Mum's new place. She has a lot of furniture & it was hard to know if it would fit in there. We were there while they were installing an automatic garage door & the cable TV service. The fridge works & the bed is made so she will get through the night OK. It was a long hot day (remember it is still summer here).

Sounds like quite a task. Rest up!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Brooke! Glad your Mom is adjusting well to her new regime. Hopefully it will remain as stress free as possible. She has a wonderful family to support her. You take it easy!

And Julie! I hope your mother is happy in her new home!

I'm fascinated reading about these calls everybody is talking about! Do I get it right that basically people cold call you to sell you products and services that you have no interest in purchasing? And that you end up paying for these calls?
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP