Page 56 of 300 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Quote Originally Posted by zeldabjr View Post
    I went to the eye doc...actually am wearing contacts!!...felt very funny driving home without glasses...because I wear bifocals...my right eye has a lens for distance and left has one for close up...and I guess the eyes adjust...cool...need to have follow up next Fri. to see how I'm adjusting...I'm a happy girl.
    Z, as you might remember, my contacts are the same. I love it! There are times I still need reading glasses or have trouble seeing, like a small menu in a dimly lit restaurant. But I can see my phone and see my camera and read labels at the grocery store! Hope it continues to work well for you. When I go back in Sept, I think I'll get the 'reader' a little stronger.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post
    VA, I'm quite jealous that you and Dreamer are meeting up - wish I could be there with you two for a girly night! Have fun, whatever you end up doing.
    Troub, we were supposed to go see 7Bridges but since it was thundering and carrying on we just went to dinner. It never did rain, we could have gone, but all I could think about was slogging through mud to get to the car. Still, we had a great time!
    VK

Thinking about the contacts, I had stopped working on this quilt when I was in bifocal denial, but have been able to start working on it again. Since today's a very cool day for July, I got it out and picked up where I left off.

This is a Log Cabin quilt, the design is Barn Raising. The top is put together by machine (I used my overlock) and when I'm done the binding will be put on my machine (regular sewing machine). The quilting is done by hand using the stitch-in-the-ditch method. This one is taking some time, but I've quilted other Log Cabin quilts in six weeks or less. You can see the quilting hoop on it. I'm hoping that soon I can post the finished thing!

ETA...a friend and I put the hardwood flooring you see in the pics ourselves a couple years ago.
    VK

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    Thinking about the contacts, I had stopped working on this quilt when I was in bifocal denial, but have been able to start working on it again. Since today's a very cool day for July, I got it out and picked up where I left off.

This is a Log Cabin quilt, the design is Barn Raising. The top is put together by machine (I used my overlock) and when I'm done the binding will be put on my machine (regular sewing machine). The quilting is done by hand using the stitch-in-the-ditch method. This one is taking some time, but I've quilted other Log Cabin quilts in six weeks or less. You can see the quilting hoop on it. I'm hoping that soon I can post the finished thing!

ETA...a friend and I put the hardwood flooring you see in the pics ourselves a couple years ago.
    beautiful quilt . cant wait to see the finished product. (bty, beautiful floors too)

Brooke - Happy Anniversary!

Zelda - Good luck with the contacts! I wear glasses all of the time now due to severe nearsightedness. It gets worse every year and my ophthalmologist said it will continue getting worse until I'm 25 (in two more years) and then it should stay the same from then on out. I'm not a LASIK candidate because I'm blind in my left eye and if they mess up the other eye I'm in BIG trouble. Night vision is horrible for me and yesterday I just walked into a clear screen door!!!! It's getting worse and I keep increasing the prescription.

VA - Nice quilt!

----

I still haven't heard from the oral surgeon about the game plan. I think they are stumped... Hope I hear something this coming week.

That quilt is AMAZING! And VA, I love how you are so self-reliant and DIY.

Austin, hope you hear from the doctor soon.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

What a gorgeous quilt, VA!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Zelda, Good luck with the contacts. I wish I was as brave as you. I have trouble putting eye drops in my eyes. I can't imagine trying to put contacts in!
    VA, Beautiful quilt! I always wanted to make one. I would have to start with a much simpler one.

For YEARS I could not stand eyedrops, even though I put contacts in with ease. My eyes would inevitable squeeze shut before the eyedrop hit my eyeball, and the liquid would just run down my face.

However, just a couple years ago, my eye got horribly irritated to the degree where I couldn't even stand to be in sunlight. I was prescribed eyedrops. I determined that instead of thinking of the drops as a horribly foreign object that would hit my eyeball, I would think of it as a soothing drop of water that would heal my eye. As long as I kept that thought in my head while squeezing that eye dropper, my eye wouldn't close. It was difficult but it worked!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    For YEARS I could not stand eyedrops, even though I put contacts in with ease. My eyes would inevitable squeeze shut before the eyedrop hit my eyeball, and the liquid would just run down my face.

However, just a couple years ago, my eye got horribly irritated to the degree where I couldn't even stand to be in sunlight. I was prescribed eyedrops. I determined that instead of thinking of the drops as a horribly foreign object that would hit my eyeball, I would think of it as a soothing drop of water that would heal my eye. As long as I kept that thought in my head while squeezing that eye dropper, my eye wouldn't close. It was difficult but it worked!
    genius way to solve a problem...