Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Davy Jones of the Monkees has passed

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Default Re: Davy Jones of the Monkees has passed

I don't know if it's available in other markets, but in the NY area on Antenna TV (ANTTV) they are running a Monkees marathon of all their shows through tomorrow morning. They all look so young. Davy was always my favorite but Peter is kinda cute. I love Micky's facial expressions -- so over the top. Mike really should have ditched that hat with the pom pom.

Micky was my favorite. He wasn't exactly the most handsome, but he was the funniest (IMHO). Still, who could resist Davy? He was adorable. I have the shows on DVD, and I've been watching them over the past few days. In fact, I'm watching one now - "I Was a Teenage Monster."

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0tLSJaCdg[/ame]

Trivia: Mike did indeed get rid of his trademark wool hat eventually, before the show went off the air. Guess he got tired of it, too!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Saw this online earlier today and doen't see anyone else put up the link.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/03/02...to-be-private/
    You were just too busy being FABULOUS....

Victim of Love

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I have the shows on DVD, and I've been watching them over the past few days. In fact, I'm watching one now - "I Was a Teenage Monster."
    Soda, do you have the episode where Davy sings Greensleeves? I remember recording it on an old tape recorder that my father had & playing it over & over again.

Thanks HH. I was looking for the Monkees on tv. I'm watching it now. Davy is to marry a princess. I haven't seen these since I was a kid. It's so cute & funny, no wonder everyone loved that show. Davy was my favorite. That accent really gets me. I once dated a guy with a British accent. When he left a message for me, I played it over & over again. I think I was in love with his voice...but his tea addiction did get to me! The Brits really do love tea. I never did get that.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    Soda, do you have the episode where Davy sings Greensleeves? I remember recording it on an old tape recorder that my father had & playing it over & over again.
    "The Monkees Mind Their Manor"! I have it, although I haven't gotten to it yet as it's in the second season and I'm only just now wrapping up the first.

It's interesting that back then, you'd typically have 30+ shows per season. Nowadays, 25 is the typical high end. Maybe it's because they cost more money to make now.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Molly View Post
    For anyone who's interested - Davy Jones wrote 2 books - one I've read and one I haven't.

I have his autobiography " They Made a Monkee out of Me" and he also wrote a book called "Daydream Believin'".

Both are available on Amazon.

And, the Biography channel has been showing his biography as well as a biography on the Monkees.
    I've read both of these books and have at least one of them stashed away. Out of curiosity the end of last week, I went on Amazon and Half.com to see if they still had them... Best price for Half.com for They Made A Monkee Out Of Me... $131.00+ and on Amazon they ranged right around $100 also. Nice to know greed is still alive and well when someone famous passes away. Sickening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ETA: Looked in just now on Amazon for Daydream Believin', $999.00. I think Amazon should do something about this to keep people from doing this. I'm sorry, but just wrong!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Yes, greed is alive & well in America. I did see a few copies of "They Made A Monkee Out of Me" in the $36.00 range.
    One of those expensive copies is signed by Davy, so that would be worth more.
    I would like to read this. Sorry it took his death to even hear about it.
    Sad how people capitalize on someone's death.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    I just found this on YouTube! It starts at about 0:50.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2UNXftggco&feature=related[/ame]

Thanks so much, Soda! I really enjoyed that! It brings back such wonderful memories!