Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: Eagles add new show in Atlanta, 5/02

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: Eagles add new show in Atlanta, 5/02

I was at the Belfast show in 2009 and when HC came on I thought 'If only Lou (Troub) could hear this' Then 'Hey.... wait.... she can!' I called her and kept the line open for HC, and PEF at least! Lou put her phone on speaker and heard it all!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Travel safely everyone! I know you will all have a blast & meeting other Borderers is a very special experience!!!!

Have fun...can't wait for the full report!
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

Drove through the night and got here at 3 am. I'm very glad I did - the earlier I get here, the earlier I can enjoy hanging with my fellow fans! Plus, I don't have to worry about something happening the day of.

Something almost happened last night though.... A car went flying across the highway and slammed into the median head-first about five yards ahead of me - it split into two pieces and only by the grace of God was I able to get over fast enough so that neither piece nor the flying debris hit me. I pulled over to the shoulder of the highway and called 911, hoping since there didn't appear to be any flames that anyone who was inside would be ok. Thank goodness I was only about ten miles away from the hotel because I was very shaken up!

However, all is forgotten now as we prep for the big night!!!!!!!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Drove through the night and got here at 3 am. I'm very glad I did - the earlier I get here, the earlier I can enjoy hanging with my fellow fans! Plus, I don't have to worry about something happening the day of.

Something almost happened last night though.... A car went flying across the highway and slammed into the median head-first about a five yards ahead of me - it split into two pieces and only by the grace of God was I able to get over fast enough so that none of them, nor the flying debris hit me. I called 911 and hoped since there were no flames that anyone who was inside was ok. Thank goodness I was only about ten miles away from the hotel because I was very shaken up!

Oh, what an awful thing to witness! Thank God you weren't hurt!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

OMG, Soda! Thank goodness you avoided the crash! That was close!

Have fun tonight everyone and wow, that cell thingy sounds awesome!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Wow Soda, what a close call. Thank goodness you were there tho to call 911. Hope everyone was ok.

GA--- As many here might remember, Lou and Jess both did the same thing for me one night but I wasn't able to pick up but it was a good thing actually because for 3 years now, I've had it saved in my voicemails and can listen to Timothy singing ICTYW anytime I want to. Nancy also did it for me a couple years ago at the Chicago show at Soldier Field that I was going to attend with her but we had a mix up on the tickets. Got to hear a few of the songs while I was sitting on my patio that night. Love it!!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Border Troubadour prayfordaylight's Avatar

Oh goodness! I was worried about you driving all night and I'm glad you made it.
    -Ali

You can see the stars and still not see the light.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post

Something almost happened last night though.... A car went flying across the highway and slammed into the median head-first about a five yards ahead of me - it split into two pieces and only by the grace of God was I able to get over fast enough so that none of them, nor the flying debris hit me. I called 911 and hoped since there were no flames that anyone who was inside was ok. Thank goodness I was only about ten miles away from the hotel because I was very shaken up!

Wow, glad you made it safely to Atlanta. That accident sounds horrible. It can really shake you up when you are driving right there.. Be careful on the road.

The Cell Cert is a free conference call that someone who is at the show makes and others can all call in & hear the concert live on the phone. It is free to set up. I was wondering if anyone going to the show was doing this, so us poor souls can hear the show....I have called in to them for other artists, so I was wondering if anyone at the show tonight could possibly do it??? so we can on the phone. lol