Thread: Jim Capaldi gig in London 21 January

Default Jim Capaldi gig in London 21 January

I had no idea about this! I just tuned in to Planet Rock while I washed up after supper, and Nicky Horne was interviewing Joe. Joe is over here for a benefit concert on January 21, at the Roundhouse in London, for Jim Capaldi, formerly of Traffic. It's a charity event in aid of street children. They played Walk Away and Life In The Fast Lane during the interview. Joe talked about the new album - he said it was nearly ready - Tim has another song, and the last two are going to be rockers. When pushed, he said the autumn!

I entered a competition - Joe asked what was his middle name! Needless to say, I've heard nothing.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Thanks for this info - it's good to have some news, although it'll be hard to wait for the fall. Let's hope they can get a move on and finish it sooner! Very cool that Joe is doing this charity concert. Hope you win that contest!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

GEF thank you soo much! Its great to hear info directly from one of the guys! rather than just guessing etc....

and another song for Tim i like the sound of that!

Stuck on the Border

Wonderful - but 'autumn'? For you that isn't until September. I wish it was MY autumn, March...

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yep - FP, September - December is autumn for us. I wouldn't bet if it isn't going to be late autumn now. Oh well - maybe by Christmas! <sigh> Maybe they'll still start the tour by mid to late summer to promote the album. Their normal trend has been to put the tickets on sale about six months in advance.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Well, if they're doing summer shows, they'd better get on the ball and get those dates booked. I mean, last year at this time, we'd already known about the Europe tour for three months.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I suspect the European tour took a bit more planning tho. Perhaps a stateside tour can be put together more quickly.