Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Glenn in Englewood NJ May 17th

Default Re: Glenn in Englewood NJ May 17th

Cool! I'll go check it out!
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

You know you're addicted to the Eagles when you are leaving for the airport in 4 1/2 hours and instead of sleeping you are here.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

You are definitely addicted PLS.

You are also addicted when you have locked yourself into the bathroom at work unable to face anyone coz you are crying your eyes out as you're not going to be going to New York this weekend
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post

You are also addicted when you have locked yourself into the bathroom at work unable to face anyone coz you are crying your eyes out as you're not going to be going to New York this weekend

Don't cry, GA!! I believe everything happens for a reason. Just because it didn't work out for this weekend, doesn't mean that there isn't a better time and place for you to see Glenn. Keep the faith!!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Ga, I'm sorry you didn't get to go too! Hopefully he will schedule some more dates. I know I would love to see him too, but I just can't travel very far to do it and he's nowhere close.

Like HH said, keep the faith!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

GA, I was just sitting here pouting that I can't attend this show. There's a seat in the third row, but off to the side, but I really do have to work and the boss would go bonkers if I asked for additional time off (I haven't yet told him I'm taking Friday afternoon off to drive to Bethlehem...he'll figure it out sooner or later). Anyway, in the midst of my pout, I see your post and I feel terrible that you weren't able to come here for these shows. I'm so hoping he announces more shows for the summer because I want you to come over here so I can meet you! And so we can see him together. So chin up and send positive thoughts his way...
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post

GA, I was thinking about this a lot back when your colleague passed away. Things happen for a reason and perhaps it wasn't your time to go see Glenn because you're needed more there, to support your students and your colleagues. When they played the song they played at the funeral, the one Glenn covered, I took that as Glenn's comfort to you that you did the right thing and your time will come. JMO, of course, but that's the way I think sometimes when things are difficult.

Thanks VA! Feel a bit better now but it still sucks. If you know who changed his mind even now I would be on the first flight out of Dublin tomorrow. I even asked him again today was there any way but he refused.

I'm sorry you cant make it either. I hope we do indeed get to meet up.
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Windeagle View Post
    GA, I was thinking about this a lot back when your colleague passed away. Things happen for a reason and perhaps it wasn't your time to go see Glenn because you're needed more there, to support your students and your colleagues. When they played the song they played at the funeral, the one Glenn covered, I took that as Glenn's comfort to you that you did the right thing and your time will come. JMO, of course, but that's the way I think sometimes when things are difficult.
    Thanks WE! I definitely appreciate your thoughts, and I too felt the same at the time. But there are only 4 classes standing between me and this. 160 minutes. I still can't see why they couldn't lose me for that. Hey I need support too, and this would have been the best.
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Henley Honey View Post
    Don't cry, GA!! I believe everything happens for a reason. Just because it didn't work out for this weekend, doesn't mean that there isn't a better time and place for you to see Glenn. Keep the faith!!

Thanks HH. Will do!
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP