Page 12 of 100 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Thread: Press and Discussion about Glenn's new album "After Hours"

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Album Release Date and After Hours Website With Interview and Album Discussion!!

Well, Glenn's gotten plenty of recognition for his work in the Eagles in terms of awards, but I agree that it would be great to see him recognized for his solo work. I've said before that I was shocked that Part of Me, Part of You wasn't nominated for an Academy Award or You Belong To the City was overlooked by the Grammys and AMAs so I'm not holding my breath. But, I'd love to see your prediction come true, JP.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Default Re: Album Release Date and After Hours Website With Interview and Album Discussion!!

Have now watched the After Hours video on Glenn's site, and I had the same problem as some of you with it stopping frequently.
    However, it's good to see Glenn making this available to us - we all like to see some behind the scenes stuff now & then, and to hear him talking about what he's doing and how. Wish there was more of this kind of thing posted - the Eagles generally don't so too much of that, do they?

I think I'm going to like this album; as I love keyboards and the piano sound in particular. On that subject, and not taking away any credit from Glenn's singing(or his piano playing), I love Michael Thompson's piano contributions to the songs on the video. Talented man.

I like to hear Glenn doing something very much NOT Eagles-like....just asI like to hear Don doing different things like he does at his live shows. It shows the versatility of their talent.

.....and although my heart belongs elsewhere(as you all know!) I can see why quite a few of you are getting sweating hands and palpitations when you watch the video......

Quote Originally Posted by StephUK View Post
    I think I'm going to like this album; as I love keyboards and the piano sound in particular. On that subject, and not taking away any credit from Glenn's singing(or his piano playing), I love Michael Thompson's piano contributions to the songs on the video. Talented man.

I like to hear Glenn doing something very much NOT Eagles-like....just asI like to hear Don doing different things like he does at his live shows. It shows the versatility of their talent.

.....and although my heart belongs elsewhere(as you all know!) I can see why quite a few of you are getting sweating hands and palpitations when you watch the video......
    I agree with you Steph. I have been meaning to comment on how much I enjoy Michael's playing on this album. I was impressed with him during Glenn's Niagara Falls shows last summer. I have always thought that he is very talented.

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Well, Glenn's gotten plenty of recognition for his work in the Eagles in terms of awards, but I agree that it would be great to see him recognized for his solo work. I've said before that I was shocked that Part of Me, Part of You wasn't nominated for an Academy Award or You Belong To the City was overlooked by the Grammys and AMAs so I'm not holding my breath. But, I'd love to see your prediction come true, JP.
    You bet dear. You know, when I said so, I was thinking not only in the amazing way his voice sounds, but also in the great musicians Glenn called, arrengements you know, and on the other hand, the adventure this is because as we can see is a Covers Album from a very specific and respected Music type-genere... This is not the great Eagles member in his solo work bla bla bla, this is a true huge Artist most of us knew all the time, but not the common people. He just nailed it.
    Be part of something good,
    Leave something good behind.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Includes a new quote. It's a station in Philadelphia.

http://beta.wmmr.com/music/news/story.aspx?ID=1672436
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

This is kind of the same article, but besides the new quote, there's an audio clip of him actually saying. Need Real Player to hear it.

http://www.wmgk.com/music/news/
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

With regard to the video starting and stopping, that's usually due to two factors: 1) The amount of traffic on the site 2) the speed of your Internet connection.

Thanks for finding those articles, VA!

And all these "After Hours" banners are lovely!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Although I am still a "rock 'n roll" girl at heart, I kind of like the idea of maturing musically along with Glenn and introducing new music into my life. I will buy it and like it regardless, because it IS Glenn.. but, I have a feeling that I'm going to actually enjoy it too.

My mind is Tiffany twisted

Default Re: Glenn in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Looks like Glenn is filming a video for the album! I found this statement here:
    "Glenn Frey is filming a video at 1050 S Hill St, Los Angeles (6:00 AM – 11:00 PM)."

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Default Re: Glenn in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Doing some research it looks like 1050 S Hill Street in LA is the Belasco Theatre http://www.thebelasco.com/

Btw Check out the pics of the place. Looks amazing! IMO A great choice for a music video shoot