Page 31 of 100 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 992

Thread: Press and Discussion about Glenn's new album "After Hours"

  1. #301
    Stuck on the Border
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    24,191

    Default Re: New album "After Hours" press and discussion

    You can now preview it on Amazon, 30 seconds each.

    I have absolutely no comment to make. Yet.

    [ame]http://www.amazon.com/After-Hours-Deluxe-Edition-Glenn/dp/B007KCG7GM/ref=ntt_mus_dp_dpt_1[/ame]

  2. #302
    Stuck on the Border GlennLover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Posts
    5,911

    Default Re: New album "After Hours" press and discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    You can now preview it on Amazon, 30 seconds each.

    I have absolutely no comment to make. Yet.

    http://www.amazon.com/After-Hours-De...t_mus_dp_dpt_1
    The clips on iTunes are 1.5 minutes, but there are only 11 songs, whereas Amazon has samples of all 14 songs on the deluxe version. Thanks for finding that FP! Were you still not able to get to iTunes by clicking the "preorder now" link?

  3. #303
    Stuck on the Border
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    24,191

    Default Re: New album "After Hours" press and discussion

    I did, but I had to change my store to the US store & then I had trouble changing back to the Australian store so I decided I wouldn't persist with it. I'm happy with the 30 second samples for the moment.

  4. #304
    Stuck on the Border GlennLover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Posts
    5,911

    Default Re: New album "After Hours" press and discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I did, but I had to change my store to the US store & then I had trouble changing back to the Australian store so I decided I wouldn't persist with it. I'm happy with the 30 second samples for the moment.
    Aren't they fantastic!? I noticed he did parts of Route 66 quite differently than he did in Niagara Falls. He sort of growled (for want of a better word) "Kingman, Barstow, San Bernadino" in NF, but he sings it more smoothly on the album. I will have to wait until I hear it all before I decide which, if either, I like better. I kind of miss the growl. You & the others who are going to see one or more of his concerts are so lucky to be hearing more of these songs in person!

  5. #305
    Stuck on the Border timfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,648

    Default Re: New album "After Hours" press and discussion

    Guess what I had to turn on the second I got up this morning? The After Hours preview!! Happily listening

  6. #306
    Moderator Glennsallnighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    ... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!
    Posts
    13,405

    Default Re: New album "After Hours" press and discussion

    Lovely Wake Up Call TF!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

  7. #307
    Stuck on the Border GlennLover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Posts
    5,911

    Default Re: New album "After Hours" press and discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by timfan View Post
    Guess what I had to turn on the second I got up this morning? The After Hours preview!! Happily listening
    Me too!!!!

  8. #308
    Stuck on the Border
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    24,191

    Default Re: New album "After Hours" press and discussion

    Even from only 30 seconds with each song, there is one song that will sound more like Eagles fans would expect; it's Worried Mind. It has a country feel.

    From what I could tell, a couple of the standouts that I hadn't heard were The Good Life & I'll Be Around.

    The version of Same Girl is reasonably similar to Randy Newman's version; I would love to know which other Newman songs Glenn likes.

  9. #309
    Stuck on the Border GlennLover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Posts
    5,911

    Default Re: New album "After Hours" press and discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Even from only 30 seconds with each song, there is one song that will sound more like Eagles fans would expect; it's Worried Mind. It has a country feel.

    From what I could tell, a couple of the standouts that I hadn't heard were The Good Life & I'll Be Around.

    The version of Same Girl is reasonably similar to Randy Newman's version; I would love to know which other Newman songs Glenn likes.
    I had the same opinion of Worried Mind as soon as I heard it. I think that those other two will be 2 of the strongest songs on the album. I was really impressed with them when samples of them were played on the interview Glenn did on the Miami radio station.

    Not sure if I am going to be that crazy about Same Girl. I'm not familiar with the song, but I am keeping an open mind. Both Glenn & Don seem to be big Randy Newman fans.

  10. #310
    Border Rebel Victim of Love's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Last stop on the Long Road Out of Eden
    Posts
    707

    Default Re: New album "After Hours" press and discussion

    Only six more days till the release!!! I'm so excited that I amended my Amazon order to include expedited shipping.
    You were just too busy being FABULOUS....

    Victim of Love

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •