Page 5 of 100 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: Press and Discussion about Glenn's new album "After Hours"

Default Re: Album Release Date and After Hours Website With Interview and Album Discussion!!

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I don't have a clear head. I don't have anything.

I will be sensible though & think that the title track will be a given; did you notice the change of words to 'when I see the quiet street/I always think of her'?

I've never seen him look that good or pour his charisma out like that.

I'll do some screen shots.

I'm just absolutely shellshocked.

Oh, and I love the album cover!

And when he was singing Caroline No that is exactly what he looked like at Niagara Falls.

And, and, and........
    I haven't had a clear hear since I logged in & saw this thread!

I agree that "After Hours" will be a given. He has featured it prominently in the video. I noticed the change in words. What do you think of it?

He sure is oozing the charisma! He is looking mighty fine!

Love the screen shot you posted!

I can just picture your face as you watched the video! I wish I had been there to see your reaction.

The album cover is gorgeous!

"Caroline No" brought back those wonderful memories of Niagara Falls to me too!

I could go on all night about it but I better get to bed & dream of Glenn.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Album Release Date and After Hours Website With Interview and Album Discussion!!

My reaction, if that's what you can call it, was peculiar. It consisted of having extremely sweaty palms & making a couple of strange noises. I had the usual instinctual response to this sort of thing; i.e. in the words of the Crowded House song I just fall at his feet. It took me a while to get the screen shots done properly because I kept 'missing' vital shots so I had to watch it, again & again.

I have to say that I found Elliot Scheiner's statement 'hearing him sing like this will blow people's minds' to be very accurate. I was staggered by how mellow & rich his voice is in these songs. Yet he refers to himself always as a musician ('I've matured as a musician') not a singer. Watching him as he stood there and immersed himself in the songs was quite mesmerising.

I don't know why but I think the lyric change in After Hours emphasises the melancholy & the feeling of remembrance.

On a lighter note the description of the guy in Route 66 who loves driving & giving directions; how true is that?! The leadership stuff. All I can say is that it was particularly nice to be given a personal direction in that song.

Oh and by the way I guess GFO can now have an After Hours Era.

There are a lot of changes that are going to be needed on GFO. The only problem is that my desktop with all of the GFO files on it is corrupted and out of commission. That means that I have to make changes the hard way - hand-coding in html without the use of editing software that allows me a visual preview. It's going to be a long, arduous task, and it will take some time.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Well I was covering class with one of my best friends at work (closet Glenn fan. She bought the Allnighter on vinyl in 84) when Lou texted me the link and the date of release. Like FP, my palms started to sweat, and I could actually feel the blood drain out of my face. My hands to shake, and by the time class finished 5 minutes later and I let the students go my whole body was shaking! Unfortunately when I went into the link it was blocked by the school and I had a meeting. But we checked out the video in the car on the way home!!!

It is absolutely wonderful. I was so impressed firstly as to how fit, happy, confident and 'in control' Glenn is in it. I loved the the studio clips, and as for Glenn's voice............ Absolutely melting IMHO.

I cannot believe that all of this is actually happening in the next 8 weeks or so!

I tried to save the video off the site. It wouldn't save to realplayer. Ideas?
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    There are a lot of changes that are going to be needed on GFO. The only problem is that my desktop with all of the GFO files on it is corrupted and out of commission. That means that I have to make changes the hard way - hand-coding in html without the use of editing software that allows me a visual preview. It's going to be a long, arduous task, and it will take some time.
    If there is anything I can do to help Soda, please let me know!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    My reaction, if that's what you can call it, was peculiar. It consisted of having extremely sweaty palms & making a couple of strange noises. I had the usual instinctual response to this sort of thing; i.e. in the words of the Crowded House song I just fall at his feet. It took me a while to get the screen shots done properly because I kept 'missing' vital shots so I had to watch it, again & again.
    It's a hard job, but someone has to do it.
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

OH, MY GOODNESS!!!

I can't say I'm surprised at the level of excitement here. As you've probably noticed, I haven't had a chance to get on The Border over the last few days, but I have been on Facebook, and when I saw the news about Glenn's website yesterday afternoon it brought a surge of happiness and my first genuine smile of the day (I've been having a tough week).

THIS IS FANTASTIC NEWS!!!

I went straight to Glenn's website, following the link from Facebook, and I managed to watch the video twice while I worked. Glenn looks GREAT , and he sounds even better. I LOVE the fact that he is singing these old classics. Now I can hear "After Hours" in glorious clarity.

I just hope that the album will be released in South Africa. With the Eagles touring here soon, perhaps it will happen. But I won't be holding my breath. If all else fails, I will get a music store to order it.

I haven't bought any new CDs in a long time - there hasn't been that much to get excited about - but this one is definitely on the cards for me!!!

And yes, Glenn has finally turned to technology! It took him even longer than it took me! But better late than never!!!

FP, I must say, when I saw the news, you were the first person I thought of. And your reaction didn't disappoint.

Oh, I just found out from one of my colleagues here at work that Joe was interviewed about the Eagles' SA tour on one of our local radio stations last night, broadcast just after 6pm South African time - I was travelling on the train at that time, so missed it! If it had been Glenn interviewed I would have burst into tears right now!

I only saw on Facebook late last night that there was going to be an interview, but by that time it was over!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Just watched the video again on the After Hours site and I will definitely be buying this cd!! I know, I know, I said earlier that I had no desire to do that but he's changed my mind. I guess I was having a hard time with an Eagle singing "those songs" instead of my kind of music. The thing is, I actually like the old standards when I hear them by Buble, Martin, Sinatra, Newton, and even when Rod Stewart does them but just never pictured one of my Eagles doing them. I guess you can teach an old dog, new tricks!

And I've got to say, as I read this thread and the concert threads, I can feel everyone's excitement and am truly very, very happy for all of our Border Glenn fans!! You've waited a long time for this and it's finally happening and I'm very glad I'm here with all of you to share the excitement. Soak it all in and enjoy!!! It just makes me so happy to read all of your reactions but I admit, some of them are just cracking me up with the sweaty palms and the bodies shaking!!! But believe me, I totally GET IT!!!!!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

During the Route 66 "portion" of the video is that Scott Crago on the drums? It looks like him to me.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Just watched the video again on the After Hours site and I will definitely be buying this cd!! I know, I know, I said earlier that I had no desire to do that but he's changed my mind. I guess I was having a hard time with an Eagle singing "those songs" instead of my kind of music. The thing is, I actually like the old standards when I hear them by Buble, Martin, Sinatra, Newton, and even when Rod Stewart does them but just never pictured one of my Eagles doing them. I guess you can teach an old dog, new tricks!

And I've got to say, as I read this thread and the concert threads, I can feel everyone's excitement and am truly very, very happy for all of our Border Glenn fans!! You've waited a long time for this and it's finally happening and I'm very glad I'm here with all of you to share the excitement. Soak it all in and enjoy!!! It just makes me so happy to read all of your reactions but I admit, some of them are just cracking me up with the sweaty palms and the bodies shaking!!! But believe me, I totally GET IT!!!!!!!
    Same here! I've just been reading everything and laughing to myself, but I'm so happy about it all!

And I'm thinking I'll have to buy the cd too. I was having doubts before, but Glenn just sounds so, how did someone describe it, smooth and rich.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten