Page 6 of 100 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: Press and Discussion about Glenn's new album "After Hours"

Default Re: Album Release Date and After Hours Website With Interview and Album Discussion!!

Quote Originally Posted by timfan View Post
    During the Route 66 "portion" of the video is that Scott Crago on the drums? It looks like him to me.
    Looks like it to me, too!

I'm investigating how to save the video. There must be a way. I'll let you know when I find it!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Default Re: Album Release Date and After Hours Website With Interview and Album Discussion!!

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Looks like it to me, too!

I'm investigating how to save the video. There must be a way. I'll let you know when I find it!
    I thought it was Scott the first time I saw it & after umpteen times I still think it's him.

Thanks for looking into how to save it, Soda. We can't assume that it is what's included on the Deluxe Edition. We need to know for sure. I want to be always able to see it.

Stuck on the Border

It's Scott as you will see when I post a screenshot I particularly like.

Willie, I am glad you will buy it and can feel our excitement.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    EF, I know how you feel! If there is any way at all that you can stay for the concert-go for it!

Austin, I'm glad that you like what you heard & saw on the "After Hours" site & that you are considering buying the CD.

I just listened to the other songs Glenn mentioned in the video. "The Good Life" & "I Wanna Be Around" both are familiar to me with the former being the most recognizable. Both songs have been sung by Frank Sinatra & Tony Bennett. I can't wait to hear Glenn's renditions!
    GA, I meant to answer you here. I have not heard of either of these songs (at first I thought you may have meant That's Life, which in the big band thread I suggested that Glenn could nail). Unlike you however, I didn't want to check them out. I want to be surprised.

Oooh, 'I Wanna Be Around' is a great song! I love Tony Bennett.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    GA, I meant to answer you here. I have not heard of either of these songs (at first I thought you may have meant That's Life, which in the big band thread I suggested that Glenn could nail). Unlike you however, I didn't want to check them out. I want to be surprised.
    FP, like you I wanted to leave some element of surprise too, so I only listened long enough to see if I recognized the tunes. I said they were familiar but only to say that I have heard them before. I have probably only heard "I Wanna Be Around" once or twice. I couldn't tell you now how the tune to either one goes. I think Glenn would do I great job on "That's Life" too. We now know what 7 (if I counted correctly) of the songs are. Hopefully there are a few more to surprise us.

I was looking at the details for each edition on Amazon and there is nothing to give us a clue. I noted that both editions indication 1 disc so I assume that rules out a DVD. Only thing I can think of is what the band did on LROOE....the deluxe edition had the red, cloth-like cover and contained a booklet insert with photos and lyrics in a 'collector' format; the regular edition had the removable booklet with a less durable cover. I guess we'll know soon enough. I pre-ordered mine (along with Analog Man).

HH, I've got to tell you I laughed out loud at your description of "on my hands and knees in the CD aisle ripping open random cartons in a desperate attempt to find them"... I had to visit FOUR Walmart stores to find LROOE and was ready to do the same thing! What I DID at the last store was reminded the manager that Walmart had an exclusive agreement with the band/label for the sale of the CD and that the store had an obligation "on the release date to have the merchandise ON THE SHELVES and available to the consumer". Then I told him I was on my way home to call their corporate Legal Department in Arkansas . It was amazing how quickly the stock came out of the back room!
    You were just too busy being FABULOUS....

Victim of Love

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

This came up in my daily Ask search. Includes a track list and indicates what's included in the deluxe version of the CD (extra songs).

http://www.directcurrentmusic.com/

ETA: This one is a little more direct. Sorry, I copied and pasted from the search results.
    http://www.directcurrentmusic.com/dc...-hours-wa.html
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Great find!

I don't think I've ever heard any of the songs besides the ones Glenn performed in Niagara Falls and the title track, so this will all be "new" to me. I too think I'll hold off on listening to the originals until I've heard Glenn's versions.

Since the setlist isn't exclusive to that site as far as I can see and will presumably be listed on Amazon momentarily, I'll repost it here:

1. For Sentimental Reasons
    2. My Buddy
    3. Route 66
    4. The Shadow Of Your Smile
    5. Here's To Life
    6. It's Too Soon To Know
    7. Caroline No
    8. The Look Of Love
    9. I'm Getting Old Before My Time
    10. Same Girl
    11. After Hours
    12. The Good Life*
    13. Worried Mind*
    14. I Wanna Be Around*

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

I think I have heard of For Sentimental Reasons, but not the other non-Niagara Falls ones; not at all.

This is getting more exciting by the minute.

There is a Randy Newman song called Same Girl; Don has performed it. Surely it doesn't fit his time period.