Page 7 of 100 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Thread: Press and Discussion about Glenn's new album "After Hours"

Default Press about Glenn's New Album "After Hours"

Glenn Frey Covers Pop Standards on New Album ‘After Hours’

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/glenn...m-after-hours/
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Default Re: Album Release Date and After Hours Website With Interview and Album Discussion!!

I must admit, I know about 3 of these songs. Well, that just makes it more exciting!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: Glenn in the Press/Blogs/etc.

I'm simply amazed that none of these articles mention that After Hours is original material, not a cover.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Album Release Date and After Hours Website With Interview and Album Discussion!!

Quote Originally Posted by Victim of Love View Post
    HH, I've got to tell you I laughed out loud at your description of "on my hands and knees in the CD aisle ripping open random cartons in a desperate attempt to find them"... I had to visit FOUR Walmart stores to find LROOE and was ready to do the same thing! What I DID at the last store was reminded the manager that Walmart had an exclusive agreement with the band/label for the sale of the CD and that the store had an obligation "on the release date to have the merchandise ON THE SHELVES and available to the consumer". Then I told him I was on my way home to call their corporate Legal Department in Arkansas . It was amazing how quickly the stock came out of the back room!
    Good job HH! Now that's takin' care of business!

As for that set list, it will be interesting. I don't know most of those either.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Just looking over the setlist Soda posted. I've got to say that I'm familiar with every song there thanks to my Gram. She preferred to have on music rather than the TV. 'Sing Along with Glenn' will become the game of the day in the car much to the kids' chagrin. At least they're familiar with Caroline, No.
    You were just too busy being FABULOUS....

Victim of Love

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Victim of Love View Post
    HH, I've got to tell you I laughed out loud at your description of "on my hands and knees in the CD aisle ripping open random cartons in a desperate attempt to find them"... I had to visit FOUR Walmart stores to find LROOE and was ready to do the same thing! What I DID at the last store was reminded the manager that Walmart had an exclusive agreement with the band/label for the sale of the CD and that the store had an obligation "on the release date to have the merchandise ON THE SHELVES and available to the consumer". Then I told him I was on my way home to call their corporate Legal Department in Arkansas . It was amazing how quickly the stock came out of the back room!

I don't know who was less amused by my antics, the store manager or my husband. They were both a little horrified. Tough!

I'm glad you gave the manager a "polite push" and made the CD's magically appear.

I wonder if they'll have our pictures posted with a big red line through them!
    Last edited by Henley Honey; 03-16-2012 at 04:10 PM.

HH, I don't frequent that particular Walmart as a rule....rather out of the way for me and I only went there out of desperation! But I'd rather have my picture displayed with a red line thru it than find it on the "wanted" bulletin board...UNLESS, of course, it's Timothy who is wanting me!
    You were just too busy being FABULOUS....

Victim of Love

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Looks like it to me, too!

I'm investigating how to save the video. There must be a way. I'll let you know when I find it!
    I managed to save it to my computer, so I have a permanent copy downloaded. Is there somewhere here that I can upload it to?

I plucked the video link out of the view source code, used it as a URL, then googled how to save a video from vimeo. From there, I used the link provided and saved it to my computer! I'm feeling quite proud of myself for this. lol I love when I can figure out technology.

My mind is Tiffany twisted

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Glenn in the Press/Blogs/etc.

I was even more surprised that he himself didn't tell the story of the song in the video. His hardcore fans know it; who else does? I am hoping he will do some interviews to promote the tour & album & he might be more expansive on why he chose the songs, etc.

Excellent!

You know, I realized after I read your post that the video link on Facebook is actually to vimeo. Here's the vimeo URL that was posted on the official Facebook:

http://player.vimeo.com/video/38041335

Here's an easy tool to download vimeo videos:

http://savevideo.me/

Tada!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten