Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Glenn's online store

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Default Glenn's online store

Got an e-mail this morning about the online store at: http://www. glennfreyafterhours.com/store

BUT, be careful. They block navigation to the check out page and show:

"There is a problem with the security certificate. The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website's address."

You can continue to the check out page, but there is no security lock to ensure a safe transaction.

Hopefully his webmistress or webmaster will fix this problem because I'd love to get a T-shirt and an additional cd as I'm sure would many of you.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: Glenn's online store

So this is how you get it on vinyl!!!

The certificate looks OK. You're being warned about a possible redirect, but the url is the expected one, so it looks good to go. I don't know for sure, but I get this on the US Army urls all the time, and for them, it means the certificate is for http, yet all logins and purchases require https. I'm not an expert at this, but I'm considering it safe and going for it. I surely wish I could get the t-shirt now and not have to wait until 5/08 or after.

Thanks for the heads-up, HH! I've only been looking at the events page and haven't looked at the home page in a while!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

I've seen this problem before. It appears that the service his website is using to make the secure transaction, groundctrl.net, has changed their domain to groundctrl.com but has not obtained a security certificate for the new domain, perhaps assuming the old one would carry over.

There are other possible causes, but that's my speculation judging from the details given by the browser. I hope they get it fixed before they scare off too many potential customers.

(A security certificate is needed every time your website uses the secure protocol "https" instead of "http.")

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

The site allows you to use PayPal which is secure either way. Of course, since I despise Paypal with a passion that goes beyond the bounds of definition, I didn't use. it.
    VK

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I just went to the online store from the home page of the website and didn't get any security messages, so I'm assuming any problems are fixed. I think I'm gonna wait to see what merchandise they have available at the shows though before ordering anything.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I'm still getting the error, but I did send them an email. It depends on what your security settings are on your browser, and since I use this for work, they are set as high as they can be.
    VK

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Surprise surprise. It won't open for me. It just says 'The URL can't be found'

Times I hate living in Ireland

What is on sale there?
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    I just went to the online store from the home page of the website and didn't get any security messages, so I'm assuming any problems are fixed.
    You don't see the message until you try to check out and pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter
    What is on sale there?
    There is a T-shirt with the After Hours cover on it but that's it, other than of course the After Hours CD and LP. I know it's silly, but I sure hope he's selling keychains at the shows. I need a Glenn keychain to complete my collection! I've got one for the Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, Stevie Nicks, Lindsey Buckingham, and even Don Henley... but none for Glenn.

Also, right now it looks like there's only one kind of T-shirt. I hope he sells a women's version (aka babydoll) and not just the kind that hangs on you like a box (aka the typical tour T-shirt).

Finally, I hope there's tourdates on the back. If there is, I'll buy two - one for a souvenir, and one to wear.

I know - I'm crazy. lol

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

T-Shirts, the CD and the vinyl album. Guess I'm making another post office run!

GA, during checkout, it gave the option of UPS and the postal service (parcel post). It specified that you had to select parcel post for international delivery, so they must think it's available to people overseas. Can you get to the website at all? Is it just the online store link that's not working for you?
    VK