Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Amazon pre-order for After Hours

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: Amazon pre-order for After Hours

Quote Originally Posted by Victim of Love View Post
    TBF, I preordered the two of them together as well. I got an email that came in during the night advising my order had shipped lastnight with delivery estimated by the weekend (I request 2nd day delivery). When I went to Amazon my order detail shows they split the order (which has always been my experience) and After Hours "left facility at 10:00 p.m." lastnight. It's coming from Kansas -- I could have driven there to pick it up! Analog Man may be shipping from a different location. And when I checked my bank online, the charge for this part of the order also hit my account lastnight! Since it's only coming from Kansas, I anticipate having it by Friday at the latest. Can hardly stand the wait! Also requested 2nd day for Analog Man. Will be making copies of both for the car and adding them to my iPod for vacation the end of June -- I never take the originals with me.
    I'm aware of how Amazon works when you pay for shipping but I almost always go supersaver shipping therefore they will usually ship them together and not split them up, which is what I did this time (sometimes there's been exceptions). For anything I can wait for, I refuse to spend that much on shipping when for that amount I can get another item to make it over $25 so it qualifies.. Just the way I roll. Expando & LROOE was different. I splurged and paid for shipping. But as I'm seeing here, the shipping seems to be all over rather you payed for it or went Supersaver.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by timfan View Post
    Well I am extremely frustrated with Amazon right now! The main Amazon warehouse in Canada is in the city where I live yet my delivery of After Hours has been "Shipping Soon" for two days! My shipping estimate still says today with a delivery Thursday or Friday but I am skeptical at this point. There still time today to get it out but I'm less than impressed.
    That's odd, tf. My copy was shipped from Toronto. Did you request express shipping? I don't normally, but with AH I wanted it as soon as I could possibly get it!

My package shipped at 3:30 this morning and is scheduled to arrive today!!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

That's great news TF. I got an email from amazon.co.uk to tell me that there had been a delay and it will be shipped next week. That was followed up by a reply to a different contact I had made last night. Seems 'After Hours' will be released in Europe on May 15th. Whether that is just on the European Amazon stores or the record shops too I have no idea.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Just checked to see where my copy was, still in Dallas! Evidently it went from one warehouse to another in the same city on the same day! WTH! Now I'm mad.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Border Troubadour prayfordaylight's Avatar

Finally got a shipping notice and arrival on Saturday (GRUMBLE). I leave town on Friday. What's the use in pre-ordering if it doesn't come until 4 days after it's released? And it's USPS and not Lasership so there's basically zero chance of it coming sooner
    -Ali

You can see the stars and still not see the light.

Really! I wish I would have just waited and bought it at my local Walmart. I would have it by now!

Well I can't believe it. Just about an hour ago my Amazon.com order arrived from the States. It was only shipped yesterday. Now that is good going. I'm listening to it as I type! And it's brilliant!
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

How in the world Ga? And some of us here haven't gotten theirs yet! I'm glad for you, but I'm really mad that mine isn't here yet!

I dunno Brooke! I was having coffee with my neighbour. A UPS van passed and I joked 'there's my copy of After Hours'. Then when I arrived home there it was! Amazing! Maybe I'm the only person in Ireland to order it! I hope you get yours soon.
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP