Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Virginia Tech Shootings

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Unbelievable... It doesn't bear thinking about, does it?
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Such a senseless tragedy!

Kay, I'm keeping you and your friends in my thoughts and prayers, too.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I haven't replied sooner because simply i haven't known what to say! First off Kay I am keeping you, your friends and all the people of Virginia in my thoughts at this great time of tragedy.

I was shocked to hear about the shootings yesterday! Shocked doesn't begin to descibed my feelings actually.. heartbroken and scared is more like it. I kept thinking.. how I WOULD FEEL being a student if that happened at my college ( i am currently in part time studies at college) It just makes me shudder.

I continue to ask the qustion which everyone is asking WHY? But there must be a reason for this... even if it is just to show the Virigina Tech Community and the world at large that we should be grateful for every day we have!

Some of you know that I have a sideline as a tutor to several Korean students in order to boost my income. Today, I saw two of them, and all they could talk about was how upset and ashamed they were that the shooter was Korean. They were concerned that they would suffer prejudice. I reassured them that I didn't think students would treat them any differently, but it's just one more of the effects of the tragedy that are being felt all over the country.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I, like TF, hadn't responded sooner because I didn't know what to say. I was, and still am, speechless. There is no respect for a human life anymore. I can only imagine what God must think looking down....watching people take others lives into their own hands. How sad is it that just because one person has issues of some sort, they deem it necessary in their own minds to take the life of a complete stranger to them? It angers me and saddens me so much.

Dreamer, I'm so sorry that you, your friends, and their children and all the other families had to go through this. My prayers are with all of the families involved and even those who weren't. Sometimes it impacts those around just as much as those who were there.

It's truly sad what this world has become and scary to think of what's still to come.

Oh God, what can anyone say. It's so awful. 32 innocent lives lost, and so many families having to cope with grief.

Kay, I do hope you hear news from your friends soon, and know that we are all thinking of them, and all the friends and relatives of those confirmed as casualties. I cried for them tonight.

Nancy, it's going to be very hard for your Korean students, but in the aftermath of the London bombings last year most people were very considerate to their Muslim colleagues, and I would hope that the same common sense will apply.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

I have a tendency not to watch the news when I am on vacation, so I was so upset when I heard about the shootings. What a senseless tragedy! It just breaks my heart to think about the students who lost their lives, and their poor families.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Hi all - I just wanted to again to thank you all for your thoughts and prayers for the families affected by this nightmare. Last night when I got home I did not have any electricity. We've had pretty strong winds the last few days because of the Noreaster and apparently this caused something to knock our power out. The power never came back on until sometime in the wee hours of the morning, so I was unable to post last night. Anyway, I did get an update on one more of my friends and, thankfully, their child is safe as well. I still have no news on the other two families that I know. I am going on the hope right now that no news is good news. My niece had a bomb threat at her high school yesterday, and I heard on the news this morning that there was another bomb threat at Virginia Tech a short while ago.

It really does make you wonder what in the world is going on here. These are quiet communities where supposedly nothing ever happens. It tore at my heart Monday night when I saw a student from the Middle East being interviewed, and he said he left the Middle East and chose to go to school in Blacksburg, Va. to get away from all the violence. Nancy, I feel so sorry that your Korean students are now feeling fear and shame because of the acts of one deranged individual.

And BTW, I think the new forum is a great idea for these more serious topics. Hopefully, we won't need to post topics like this very often though.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

I haven't been here for a while.
    I've heard these terrible news on the radio. I don't know what to say to this.
    Kay, just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you and your friends.

Kay, I hope by now that you have heard from your other friends. Having to cope with a power cut as well must have been meant for some anxious moments. Please let us hope that nothing as bad as this happens again.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...