Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn solo show at The Wiltern in LA, May 26, 2012

Default Re: Glenn solo show at The Wiltern in LA, May 26, 2012

I wish it was 10 am Eastern time... unfortunately I am at work at 10 am Pacific time and I have no outside computer access which means I will have to take my chances with tickets when I get home (assuming I can come up with the money...)

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I think he possibly got a bit tired of me taking photos of him instead of just looking at him & watching his performance. I was there four nights, remember.
    Well annoying as the camera policy was in Fallsview, I remember thinking that there was something to be said for just sitting back and enjoying the performance, and not having to worry about film speeds, flash, angles, blur etc! The memories are all etched on my brain! They won't fade!

Cami! Hope you make this one. You deserve it.

I have been considering this one. I can get off work Friday and Monday, but it's a long way to travel for just one concert. If he were to include another one, say the Sunday evening it would be a serious contender. The flights are very reasonable. Then another part of me is saying to leave it till later in the summer when I can do the whole thing in a much more relaxed way. But that's assuming Glenn releases dates then.
    Last edited by Glennsallnighter; 03-21-2012 at 06:11 AM.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

If anyone is going to this, I have TWO tickets. I wasn't happy with the first booking I made which was Row E in the second section, so I tried again & got Row B in the second section.

My tickets are Will Call because it's an international booking so if anyone wants to come & meets me an hour before the show they can have the first ticket I booked.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    If anyone is going to this, I have TWO tickets. I wasn't happy with the first booking I made which was Row E in the second section, so I tried again & got Row B in the second section.

My tickets are Will Call because it's an international booking so if anyone wants to come & meets me an hour before the show they can have the first ticket I booked.
    If you can't unload the ticket, you have three days. LiveNation has a refund policy, but it's three days. Which is a bummer, because the general sale on Saturday (past the three days) might have better tickets. It did for the DC event, but each venue is different.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border

I felt that I had to go for the pre-sale not knowing if the general sale would be better or not.

FP, I am so happy for you!
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Way to go Julie! I'm so happy for you!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Julie when I saw this I literally hollered YESSSS!!!!! I could not be happier for you hun!!! I am soo pleased you are getting to go to this show and to not only see Glenn again solo but to see him perform is new album.. This is wonderful

Stuck on the Border

Awww, thanks all. The ticket may not be right up front but I'll be there; that's the main thing.

ETA: I went & had a closer look at the seating plan & the seat (B209) is in the centre. It's actually not bad.

I need to book flights etc. I know where I will be staying - the Ramada Center on Wilshire is not too far from the theatre. I intend to stay for about a week; this will be my fourth visit to LA & I need to catch up on a lot (Hard Rock Cafe on Hollywood Blvd beware).

Also from what I can gather I don't need a visa as Australia is part of the Visa Waiver Program.
    Last edited by Freypower; 03-21-2012 at 05:03 PM.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

FP, I doubt it affects you or your schedule, but May 28 is the big Memorial Day holiday here in the States.

I really thought he'd announce more dates yesterday and today. Since the first batch, except for DC, are all a few hours drive from NYC, I thought he'd do the same in southern CA. I don't think he likes being predictable.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.