Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe is now on Twitter!

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: Joe is now on Twitter!

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    I find it funny that Joe is posting pics all the time on Fb and Twitter, but yet the Eagles (Don and at times Glenn) are good at saying 'no pictures' and actually get irritated at people for taking them.
    Funny you should mention that, since I've been one that takes pictures a lot. I try and make sure I don't hold the camera up too high, and the camera is always in a mode with no flash and no blinking red light. At the Seger concert last week, we were in the third row. When Bob moved to the piano, nearly right in front of me, I couldn't see him because the woman in the front row was standing on tiptoe, holding the camera way over her head, and filming. I had to watch it on her camera since she was blocking my view completely. During the concert, many others blocked my view while holding their cameras in the air, and the lady beside me had no qualms knocking into me to move me 'down' so she could get in a good shot. Meanwhile, most were using flash and it was obvious there were times Bob found it distracting.

I'm not sure what reasons our guys have for not wanting pictures, and Joe's concert at Wolftrap they said he requested no photos. I'm sure that part of the reason for no photos is general consideration for others who paid to see the show plus the use of bright flash. If people could use a little common courtesy and common sense (what are the odds?) it would all help out. Apparently it's OK to be completely rude to others so that you can have THE BEST video on You Tube.

As for Joe, at the show in Wolftrap, he had a professional with a camera and those are the pics he posted later. I didn't see one in Brooklyn last week.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Agreed, people can be very rude about it. Common courtesy in this day and age......gone down the tubes.

It's nice that Joe is having them taken and then posting them for all to see. If the Eagles would do that they wouldn't have so many people trying to get their own. I used to think I had to take my own, but if there are better ones that people have shared from the same show, why not use theirs?

I tried to take a few pics last weekend at the Fleetwood Mac concert, but I was too far back for any of them to turn out. There are a lot of great ones in other places though from others that were there. I've decided to save them and pretend they are my own. It's funny though, there was an announcement before the show started that photos or videos weren't allowed. But I never saw anyone try to stop anyone and there are also great videos online of that show!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

We may resent the person holding the camera at the time (and it angers me when people are not considerate) but we eagerly seek those same photos and videos after the show, hoping they are posted online. Food for thought.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    We may resent the person holding the camera at the time (and it angers me when people are not considerate) but we eagerly seek those same photos and videos after the show, hoping they are posted online. Food for thought.
    Me, personally, I do look for photos on Twitter. If they are clear, I keep them for myself, and very few of them are. The videos, no, and I don't post the ones I find on Twitter here, either. Still, it's possible to get a good photo without ruining it for everyone behind you. Most just don't care.
    VK

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post

I'm not sure what reasons our guys have for not wanting pictures, and Joe's concert at Wolftrap they said he requested no photos. I'm sure that part of the reason for no photos is general consideration for others who paid to see the show plus the use of bright flash. If people could use a little common courtesy and common sense (what are the odds?) it would all help out. Apparently it's OK to be completely rude to others so that you can have THE BEST video on You Tube.

As for Joe, at the show in Wolftrap, he had a professional with a camera and those are the pics he posted later. I didn't see one in Brooklyn last week.
    VA, I do not think the no photo policy has a darn thing to do with consideration for others who paid to see the show. Maybe the lights bother the performers, but I think most of them have just either gotten used to it, or have accepted it & can tune it out. This is just the way it is now. Everyone is videotaping & taking pictures, & they have no consideration for other people or the performers....

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

my opinion....a long time ago JAHH took me to see HArry connick jr.
    He bought me special seats that were only sold to 50 couples to go back stage affter the show to meet harry.
    After waiting a long time for him to come to ur group in a special room and then waiting my time to be in front of him JAHH said "Can I please just take one picture of you with my wifefor her to have as a memory of this special evening?"
    He replied to JAHH' NO man , I dont like my picture taken cause what happens if I come out looking bad? I cant have you showing those pictures around." Now keep in mind this is years ago before face book and twitter.He was more worried about how he looked vs a happy fan.
    SO I gotta say it really crimped my special night since he was such a jackass about it after JAHH spent so much money to make a special night for me.
    SO JMO I think it comes down to not wanting to have a bad picture posted shared or shown of themselves.
    Its ashame that some people ruin it for others when they take pictures or videos. I mean if you wanna sit there in your own chair space and take a quick shot for yourself but to do the things that were done to VA at the seeger show thats wrong.
    JMO

TT, I'm sorry to hear about that bad experience with Harry Connick Jr. That was terrible. Most artists, if they do a meet & greet will allow a picture. That sucks.
    I have been able to take pictures with a few people & they were really nice about it.
    As for the concert situation....that's pretty much the way it is these days. Everyone taking pictures, blocking your view, video taping...Nobody cares about anyone but themselves....The artists are used to having loads of pictures taken, so if one comes out bad, so be it. Most allow pics at a meet & greet.

Stuck on the Border tequila girl's Avatar

Joe tweeted this yesterday.....don't think i've seen it posted yet - if it has been I apologise!
    Two Eagles....
    ~Carole~

There is no more new frontier - we have got to make it here

I saw in a tweet earlier that the bird is a sea eagle, for those like me who might have no idea.
    VK

Stuck on the Border tequila girl's Avatar

And this one - from "The One Show"
    ~Carole~

There is no more new frontier - we have got to make it here