Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: The Very Best of Don Henley Survivor

Default Re: The Very Best of Don Henley Survivor

Of all the songs left, there is only one that doesn't move me.

I cast my vote for Dirty Laundry.

It's catchy, that's for sure, and gets people moving at concerts. However, the other songs left are emotionally powerful - and that kind of emotion scores over "catchy" in my book. Your mileage may vary!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Wow - This should be an exciting round watching these songs 'duke' it out. I have no idea which one is going down next and I don't even know which one I want to see go.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I vote for The Boys of Summer.

Open up your eyes take the devil from your mind

With each round it gets harder and harder.... All I know is which song I want to win, but it doesn't mean it makes it easier to vote another one off....

Of the songs left, the only one that doesn't hit me emotionally is Dirty Laundry. I love the song Live and everytime I get stressed and need a lifter upper, I will go to the live version of Don singing Dirty Laundry, but the others just touch me more....

So this round my vote is for Dirty Laundry

I just realized something, since I have only been playing for some of the last few rounds...are we not doing the immunity question? Not that I ever came close to answering it or anything, but I just remember it was another dynamic in our game similar to the TV reality show.

Anyway, I vote for Dirty Laundry.
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Well EV, if you would come visit us more often, you would have known that. The rules were changed awhile back regarding immunity questions. I, myself, miss them even tho I never could get into answer them quick enough, I thought they made it more interesting and challenging.

I'll stick with my vote for The Last Worthless Evening.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Border Troubadour prayfordaylight's Avatar

Voting for Boys of Summer again.
    -Ali

You can see the stars and still not see the light.

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Well EV, if you would come visit us more often, you would have known that. The rules were changed awhile back regarding immunity questions. I, myself, miss them even tho I never could get into answer them quick enough, I thought they made it more interesting and challenging.

I'll stick with my vote for The Last Worthless Evening.
    But what if I want to go out looking in tree trunks and find an idol? Will that count??

(At the risk of boring the "regulars," why did we get rid of the immunity questions? Maybe direct me to that thread? I'm curious!! I also never could get there in time to answer, but it did lend a little excitement at the 8 o'clock hour!)
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

Thanks to working a ridiculous amount of night shifts lately, I have missed the last two rounds! So sorry. I have read through the pages I missed though, and wanted to say a couple of quick things before I vote...

#1 - WELCOME BACK, EV! It's so good to see you around. And your sig is delicious.

#2 - I was sorry to see New York Minute go. I think it is a beautiful, haunting song that ultimately has a positive, uplifting note. As quickly as things can change for the worse, they can change for the better. That's the main thing I take from it. That's why I particularly love the line that Don inserts towards the end - "you can get out of the rain". I heard him talk about that line in a 1987 interview and he basically says that that was the whole message of the song - but that many people miss it!

#3 - Sad to see ASWTDID go, too. That song gets me rocking more than Dirty Laundry does. Of course, Kootch wrote it, so I have a special affinity for it! I like the story that Don and Danny tell in an old '80s interview. Don says that Danny called him up at 4am, really excited, saying "I've just written the best rock & roll song EVER!" Don was sleepy and didn't take much notice. LOL.

This brings me to my vote... without question, Dirty Laundry. I actually would have voted for this two rounds ago, had I been here. I like it and I admire Don for taking on the subject matter and launching such a scathing attack on the bad side of journalism and the media, but it's simply not one of my favourite songs. It is much better live - on a CD, I would probably skip it much of the time. As Soda said, the remaining songs are beautiful and emotive... much more my kind of Don.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

I have to go with End of The Innocence again.