Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: The Very Best of Don Henley Survivor

Default Re: The Very Best of Don Henley Survivor

This is really difficult because I love all four remaining songs, but I think I will have to go for The Last Worthless Evening. The remaining three just have that extra something special, but I absolutely adore LWE. It is sexy and emotive and tender, and it makes me sigh every time I listen to it. Love the lyrics, especially "I know you're still afraid to rush into anything, but there's just so many summers, babe, and just so many springs..." Swoon! I hate to vote for it, but it's getting down to the wire and the others are of such a high standard.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Shoot, DL went down! It was my number 3.

I really love the remaining songs, but I don't think TLWE stands up with the rest at all. As much as I like it, it really needs to go.

And all the votes for TEOTI? That beautiful piano? Not yet!

My vote is for The Last Worthless Evening.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I am so upset that The End of the Innocence is getting votes...PLEASE SAVE the END of the INNOCENCE....I will cry if this song goes down.
    Voting for
    THE LAST WORTHLESS EVENING

This is so hard that on my 2 hr drive to work today I listened to Boys of Summer and Last Worthless Evening over and over again to see if I can pick on of them this round. I know that I do not want to vote for End of the Innocence and Heart of the Matter, so it is between BOS and LWE.

After all of that I think I have to vote for Boys of Summer. I love both songs but as Troubadour says, I just swoon when Don sings "I know you're still afraid to rush into anything, but there's just so many summers, babe, and just so many springs..." sign.....

So my vote is for Boys of Summer

The Boys Of Summer
    You were just too busy being FABULOUS....

Victim of Love

I'm voting for Boys of Summer this round. I love it - but I like TLWE even more (heck, I wanna be the girl he's singing to - BIG surprise there! ).

I find it a little harder to relate to the girl he's singing to in BOS - who'd be dumb enough to pick a bunch of "pretty boys" over Don?
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

No! Not The End of the Innocence! Yes, all 4 of these finalists are great songs, and do represent the very best of Don Henley.

I have to vote for Boys of Summer.

Yes, it is a great, classic song. But the other three songs are also great, and in addition, have greater emotional depth, impact, and power. I think TLWE, TEOTI, and HOTM deserve the top three spots over BOS, as iconic as that song is.

But even if BOS survives, I don't think TEOTI should go yet, either. I would rank TEOTI and HOTM as the top 2.
    BBKron

Check out my music blog, the BB Chronicles at http://bbchron.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by BBKron View Post
    No! Not The End of the Innocence! Yes, all 4 of these finalists are great songs, and do represent the very best of Don Henley.

I have to vote for Boys of Summer.

Yes, it is a great, classic song. But the other three songs are also great, and in addition, have greater emotional depth, impact, and power. I think TLWE, TEOTI, and HOTM deserve the top three spots over BOS, as iconic as that song is.

But even if BOS survives, I don't think TEOTI should go yet, either. I would rank TEOTI and HOTM as the top 2.
    I also think TEOTI & HOTM should be the final 2, but it looks like that may not be happening

IMHO, I can't believe Boys Of Summer has been getting this many votes. It's one of my absolute favorite Don songs. In fact, I think it was the first one I ever heard. Either way, this is getting really, really difficult to decide.
    ~ Tori
    https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/downloads/images/henley24.jpg

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Wow! I am also shocked about the number of votes that The Boys of Summer is getting. As I've already said, I love all the song remaining in this game, but none more than this awesome song. The music is incredibly powerful in the way that it complements Don's wonderful, yearning, and passionate vocals. And what can you say about the sophisticated, brilliant lyrics - simply pure poetic genious! IMHO, this song is just a cut above the rest overall and deserves to go further in this game. I urge others to keep this amazing masterpiece in the game. When I'm ready to vote, I will vote for the song that has the best possibilty to be eliminated in order to save this gem.

SAVE THE BOYS OF SUMMER!!!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016