Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost Magic

Out on the Border

Default Lost Magic

I think that the Eagles lost a lot of their magic after Randy left them. It's really sad to me, an Eagles fan since high school in the early 1970s. To me, Eagles haven't done anything good since Hotel Calefornia. I'm sure, in concert they are tight and Tim has been a terrific substitute, but from everything I've heard and everything I've witnessed since Randy left, I think the Eagles lost something truly special when he moved on. I still respect the four remaining members and love some of their solo work [Don Henley in particular] and I'm sure they are absolutely fabulous in concert but I couldn't bear to see them without Randy because its just not the same.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Lost Magic

I'm afraid I beg to differ that they have done 'nothing good since Hotel California'. There are some great tracks on The Long Run, and Long Road Out Of Eden is just superb, at least to me. I have seen old videos of them with Randy but Tim is just as good, in my opinion.

Obviously if you have no interest in seeing them these days that's your choice, but they really are worth it.

Out on the Border

See next post - what a mess-up
    Last edited by shanelle lee; 04-06-2012 at 07:02 PM. Reason: didn't finish

Out on the Border

You are certainly within your rights to beg to differ. I don't have interest in going to see Eagles now because I reiterate what I said in the previous forum - its like going to see AC/DC without Angus. I don't feel like I'm missing out because I can put on a CD anytime I want and listen to any Eagles song I like and I'm not parting with $150-00. I didn't care much for The Long Run apart from the title track and Tim's song 'I can't tell you why'. To me, The Long Run, being a double album was a big waste of money to get two good songs whereas on Hotel Calefornia I liked all the songs. You can do what you want with your money and your time and that's your priviledge but I think that you have to respect other people's opinions as well. I would prefer to go see a show with Randy and Felder involved but that's impossible because Eagles can't leave Tim out. Sometimes, in life, its horses for courses.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by shanelle lee View Post
    You are certainly within your rights to beg to differ. I don't have interest in going to see Eagles now because I reiterate what I said in the previous forum - its like going to see AC/DC without Angus. I don't feel like I'm missing out because I can put on a CD anytime I want and listen to any Eagles song I like and I'm not parting with $150-00. I didn't care much for The Long Run apart from the title track and Tim's song 'I can't tell you why'. To me, The Long Run, being a double album was a big waste of money to get two good songs whereas on Hotel Calefornia I liked all the songs. You can do what you want with your money and your time and that's your priviledge but I think that you have to respect other people's opinions as well. I would prefer to go see a show with Randy and Felder involved but that's impossible because Eagles can't leave Tim out. Sometimes, in life, its horses for courses.
    The Long Run wasn't a double album. Long Road Out Of Eden was a double album.

Out on the Border

The Long Run Album I bought was a double album or maybe not. That was more than thirty years ago and who cares? Whatever, anyway! I only liked two songs on that album and having waited three years for the work to be published and paying what was a lot of money back in those days for the album, it was disappointing. Then, they broke up! It was tough for us die-hard Eagles fans back then because we had made a firm commitment to these musicians and a lot of us felt really let down by the album and by the break-up. You might be too young to remember all of this stuff but my friends and I were very committed to the musicians whom we financially supported. If you like The Long Run, that's up to you. I didn't, and some of my friends didn't like it either. We grew up with One of These Nights and Hotel Calefornia, On the Border and living our lives to 'Take It Easy', Victim of Love etc. And, as far as I'm concerned, my friends and I had invested a lot of time and money in these guys. True, I couldn't get to concerts but I had most if not all of their albums and so did my friends and we had 45 records, too so it wasn't like we didn't believe in the Eagles, because we loved them!

Stuck on the Border

The Long Run Album I bought was a double album or maybe not. That was more than thirty years ago and who cares? Whatever, anyway! I only liked two songs on that album and having waited three years for the work to be published and paying what was a lot of money back in those days for the album, it was disappointing. Then, they broke up! It was tough for us die-hard Eagles fans back then because we had made a firm commitment to these musicians and a lot of us felt really let down by the album and by the break-up. You might be too young to remember all of this stuff but my friends and I were very committed to the musicians whom we financially supported. If you like The Long Run, that's up to you. I didn't, and some of my friends didn't like it either. We grew up with One of These Nights and Hotel Calefornia, On the Border and living our lives to 'Take It Easy', Victim of Love etc. And, as far as I'm concerned, my friends and I had invested a lot of time and money in these guys. True, I couldn't get to concerts but I had most if not all of their albums and so did my friends and we had 45 records, too so it wasn't like we didn't believe in the Eagles, because we loved them!
    I am 51. I became an Eagles fan in 1975. I bought both Hotel California & The Long Run when they were released.

For what it is worth this is the track listing of The Long Run:

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/eagl...grun/index.htm

Out on the Border

Okay, that's good. So what? And I don't mean any disrespect but I think you need to be more objective in your posts and a little less subjective in your attitude about the Eagles especially if you are a moderator/mediator on this site. Just because someone has an opinion or feels different to you, doesn't mean they are wrong. Also, from what I've read about the etiquette on this 'message board', these posts between you and I are not appropriate and I would have expected that in your position, you might have exercised more control. I've only been on this forum hardly 24 hours and I already have been made to feel that I can't express myself openly. No one else is worried about what I have to say. Just you.

Wow...uh it's nothing like seeing AC/DC without Angus. If anything it's like seeing them without their first bassist Mark Evans, who I don't miss at all, I much prefer Cliff Williams. Now if you were to say that seeing the Eagles without Glenn or Don H. I could see how that would be like seeing AC/DC without Angus but other than that it's not even close. Sure we all miss Randy but it's pretty obvious they haven't lost any magic. If they did then the Eagles would be out touring state fairs and what not like other bands from their era but obviously their not.

Uh...I'm 21 and I'm also a commited fan of these guys and even I knew it was a double album. It was planned on being one if I remember correctly but never was released as one. Eagles Live is a double album though. Anyways I don't think age is a factor...so yeah.