Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost Magic

Out on the Border

Default Re: Lost Magic

Hi Shadowland,

Good point about Angus and AC/DC. I didn't think of the situation quite like you. Okay, granted the Eagles are playing big arenas and doing a terrific job. I'm really pleased for them because all of them deserve to come back and conquer. Maybe what upsets me is that we are all getting old and our glory days are gone, well, maybe not for the Eagles but for me and that's personal. I miss the roaring years of HC because those days were very exciting and I was very young and my friends and I had a lot of fun - life lived to a soundtrack consisting, to a large extent, of wonderful, creative and insightful songs by the old Eagles. I was disappointed with The Long Run but so what? If the Eagles made moneyfrom it and other people loved it, that's all that's important. I'm one little fish in a huge sea. I did appreciate your sobering comments and thanks for taking the time to communicate. I'm a little out of practice in the debating area, I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by shanelle lee View Post
    Hi Shadowland,

Good point about Angus and AC/DC. I didn't think of the situation quite like you. Okay, granted the Eagles are playing big arenas and doing a terrific job. I'm really pleased for them because all of them deserve to come back and conquer. Maybe what upsets me is that we are all getting old and our glory days are gone, well, maybe not for the Eagles but for me and that's personal. I miss the roaring years of HC because those days were very exciting and I was very young and my friends and I had a lot of fun - life lived to a soundtrack consisting, to a large extent, of wonderful, creative and insightful songs by the old Eagles. I was disappointed with The Long Run but so what? If the Eagles made moneyfrom it and other people loved it, that's all that's important. I'm one little fish in a huge sea. I did appreciate your sobering comments and thanks for taking the time to communicate. I'm a little out of practice in the debating area, I'm afraid.

hey its cool we're all Eagles fans. but you might interested to know that there's a recent Rolling Stone interview with Glenn about the possibility of Randy and Bernie maybe joining the Eagles for some shows.

The fans would love to see Randy Meisner and Bernie Leadon back on stage with you guys at some point on that tour. Do you think that's possible at some point?
    Well, I think . . . I don't know. I don't know. I don't want to say that's hard for me to envision right now but, like I said, I don't know yet. I have to think about all of this stuff but, obviously, my head is somewhere else for the next couple of months. Like we usually do, the four of us will sit down some place on the road and we'll get in a dressing room or get into somebody's hotel room and we'll go, "Well, here's what I think we should be doing" or, "Here's what are options are this year. What do you think?" and we'll talk about it. That conversation will probably take place sometime this year

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...#ixzz1rJjSFals

Out on the Border

Hey Shadowland!

I can't thank you enough for posting me the Rolling Stone article. I don't get to buy or read RS enough these days. It's nice of you to consider my feelings but I'm not sure about Randy going back with Eagles because he's 66 years old now and I've heard he's not all that well so for him it might be too late. But, hey, I appreciate your kind gesture very, very much.

Also, after your previous post about Angus, I was thinking about the dynamics of Pink Floyd because they lost their base player, Roger Waters and I can guess that you would probably be familiar with their melodrama. Roger, as you would know, wrote most if not all their songs. Pink Floyd was another of my mega-favourites and I have missed Roger since he left them. They would be another band I couldn't go see if Roger wasn't with them. They are like the Eagles and employ sidemen to help out. Make sense? Or have I got it wrong again?

Quote Originally Posted by shanelle lee View Post
    Okay, that's good. So what? And I don't mean any disrespect but I think you need to be more objective in your posts and a little less subjective in your attitude about the Eagles especially if you are a moderator/mediator on this site. Just because someone has an opinion or feels different to you, doesn't mean they are wrong. Also, from what I've read about the etiquette on this 'message board', these posts between you and I are not appropriate and I would have expected that in your position, you might have exercised more control. I've only been on this forum hardly 24 hours and I already have been made to feel that I can't express myself openly. No one else is worried about what I have to say. Just you.
    This is your second day posting and you are already berating a moderator and telling her how to do her job? Perhaps I was too quick to welcome you. Either tone it down or find another place to play.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Out on the Border

Okay, sure. I'm gone.

Border Desperado The Thrill Is Never Gone's Avatar

I have the Long Run CD somewhere but I never play it. There first 5 albums are my favorite. Love Randy's harmonies with Don H and Glenn. His bass playing is wonderful, especially on Out on the Border.

I tend to favor the early albums myself; I think I imprinted upon them in my childhood and they have more of an emotional impact on me. I listen to On The Border on an almost-weekly basis just because it makes me so happy, beyond how well-made it is. And I always include Desperado in my list of great concept albums.
    ...I could have done so many things, baby
    if I could only stop my mind...

Some guys are born to Rimbaud
    some guys breathe Baudelaire
    some guys just got to go and put their rockets everywhere.

I love On the Border too. It is in the car so it gets played at least once a week. I love the variety of songs on the album. You Never Cry Like a Lover is a favorite along with My Man.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Thrill Is Never Gone View Post
    I have the Long Run CD somewhere but I never play it.
    I have to agree. I don't play anything after that, either.

As much as I love Frey, Henley, Walsh and Schmidt (and I absolutely DO), it's just not the same for me personally. In my opinion, the music has suffered without Leadon, Meisner and Felder. But it does no good to rehash it. They are gone and not coming back, so I will have to be content with the older recordings.

We will always know that is Randy, Bernie and Fingers playing and singing on those albums. You can't take that away.