Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Lost Magic

Default Re: Lost Magic

Yeah, that incarnation of the band has been gone for over three decades. It's a shame that you can't enjoy the new music but at least you can replay those five Eagles albums again and again. You can also listen to the solo work, if you have it, and find some comfort there.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Yeah, that incarnation of the band has been gone for over three decades. It's a shame that you can't enjoy the new music but at least you can replay those five Eagles albums again and again. You can also listen to his solo work, if you have it, and find some comfort there.
    I already know how to get my fix. LOL

Honestly, I can listen to the older songs over and over again and they still sound awesome to me, thank God. And judging by the sales and radio plays, I must not be alone.

Border Desperado The Thrill Is Never Gone's Avatar

I agree. The radio stations play the older songs quite a bit. A day does not go by where I do not here at least one song from those albums on the radio.

Banned

Yeah, that incarnation of the band has been gone for over three decades. It's a shame that you can't enjoy the new music but at least you can replay those five Eagles albums again and again. You can also listen to the solo work, if you have it, and find some comfort there.

There is no shame. It is best to comprehend why others choose to exalt one version of recordings over another.

Stuck on the Border

With the benefit of the documentary and various interviews, it seems that for the band, some of the magic was lost after Hotel California. I'm not sure if Randy leaving was a cause or a result of that loss. However, Timothy brought his own magic. I knew next to nothing about him before this summer but I'm enjoying listening to and watching him - possibly more than Randy.

I still prefer the first four albums and, for me, a little of the magic went with the move to the harder, more guitar-based music. I love that Bernie is back for the current tour and that they're playing so much from the Desperado album.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    Timothy brought his own magic. I knew next to nothing about him before this summer but I'm enjoying listening to and watching him - possibly more than Randy.
    Now that's just crazy talk!

Just kidding! I love Timmy.

Stuck on the Border

Sorry, Randy-lovers!

I should have added that I'm finiding new magic in their later work. How can a bunch of sixtysomethings sound so good? I've also listened to some of the solo work and have found new music to love.

That's a good way to look at it. Old magic has been lost, but new magic has been gained. Certainly Randy is missed but Timothy has added much.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Banned

That's a good way to look at it. Old magic has been lost, but new magic has been gained. Certainly Randy is missed but Timothy has added much.
    New meets old every day of our lives.
    Last edited by moonlight74; 12-22-2013 at 04:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvRandy View Post
    Us Randy girls all feel that way, can't help it when you're partial to that band member.
    I know that feeling; in Yes fandom I'm a huge fan of the 80s version of the band because Trevor Rabin is my favorite musician overall. I think the band suffered after he left and of course it's obvious why that's my opinion.
    ...I could have done so many things, baby
    if I could only stop my mind...

Some guys are born to Rimbaud
    some guys breathe Baudelaire
    some guys just got to go and put their rockets everywhere.