Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Johannesburg, South Africa April 8, 2012

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: Johannesburg, South Africa April 8, 2012

Thanks Tim!!! Love the first picture in your group!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Hi Timb99,

Glad you finally got to see the Eagles after being a fan for so many years. I'm sure it was a great evening for you. Thanks for sharing your photos.

Don't think this one has been posted here already

https://twitter.com/#!/JennyGriesel/.../photo/1/large

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Come on boys, SMILE!!!!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Wow! Thanks T99 for your comments on the show and the pics! We were all dying here for information! And welcome to The Border! Have fun here!

I must say I nearly choked and cried when someone mentioned that Take It Easy was not in the setlist. But then I recovered when they said it was in the last encore. Where it should be, only at the very end! jmo!

I've been busy the last few days and am trying to catch up with all the happenings and news from SA. Thanks all who have helped us out!

ETA: How do you get to meet all the Eagles and have a pic taken with them? Some people are just too lucky!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Eagles Head To South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    I find it hard to believe they would NOT play One Of The Nights (which ironically happens to be playing right this minute on Sirius Classic Vinyl). If they did add NKIT, like your friend says, that makes me and, I know, FP, very happy!!!!!! It's about freaking time!!! Really wish we could get an "official" setlist to see how things have been changed, which obviously they have been after hearing HC had been moved to the encore.
    I am extremely dubious that NKIT & TS have been brought back. I'm sorry; I wish I could believe this but I'm afraid it's too hard for me to do so.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

First of all welcome to The Border, tim. So thrilled for you that you were able to get to your first Eagles concert. Sounds like it was an awesome experience for you.

And thanks to everyone for all of the links and pictures. It is wonderful to have such a diligent bunch of fans here!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Hotel California was one of the encores on the F1 tour and prior to that on the HFO tour. They didn't move it up to near the beginning until the LROOE tour. TIE, on the other hand, was always at the very end (HFO) then second last (F1) and then third last (LROOE) and now we don't know where it is.
    You are right, FP about Hotel California being an encore on the F1 tour - I misspoke. However, my point was that I don't usually obsess about the placement of songs in the setlist as long as they are there and there is a nice flow and pace to the show.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Johannesburg, South Africa, April 8

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Just a minor correction - on the HFO tour, they opened with "Hotel California." Far from being an encore song, it was the first song of the concert.
    Sorry; my mistake. How could I forget that when I went to one of those shows?!

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Wow! Thanks T99 for your comments on the show and the pics! We were all dying here for information! And welcome to The Border! Have fun here!

I must say I nearly choked and cried when someone mentioned that Take It Easy was not in the setlist. But then I recovered when they said it was in the last encore. Where it should be, only at the very end! jmo!

I've been busy the last few days and am trying to catch up with all the happenings and news from SA. Thanks all who have helped us out!

ETA: How do you get to meet all the Eagles and have a pic taken with them? Some people are just too lucky!
    According to T99 it was played before Desperado; as usual.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Eagles Head To South Africa

Thanks for your comments Monique. Glad you were able to post them. I also think it is probably a mistake about New Kid In Town and Tequila Sunrise being in the setlist, but I guess a girl can dream, can't she?

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016