Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your Favorite and Least Favorite Era for each of the Eagles?

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Your Favorite and Least Favorite Era for each of the Eagles?

I decided to start this after reading a discussion in another thread. I know a lot of us have already stated this in some form before, but I thought it deserved its own thread. So when do you think was the time that each of the guys were at there best/worst in terms of their appearance? Here's mine:

Joe

Favorite era - Hotel California/The Long Run (the man was smokin')
    Least favorite - Late 80's/early 90's

Tim

Favorite era - HFO
    Least favorite - Poco (he looked too young to be hot)

Don

Favorite era - OOTN/BTPB/HFO (three way tie)
    Least favorite - EOTI

Glenn

Favorite era - all of them (seriously); but okay if I have to pick just one, I'll go with HFO
    Least favorite - OOTN

Former Eagles:

For Felder my favorite era was HFO, with the OTB era as my least favorite. Randy and Bernie's appearance didn't change that much, IMO, during their days with the band. But from the pictures I've seen of both of them, their days as Eagles were when they were at their best.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Joe
    Favorite era: Hell Freezes Over (esp. 1994)
    Least favorite: mid-80s

Tim
    Favorite era: Hell Freezes Over
    Least favorite: Poco 1970 (not a good hairdo)

Don
    Favorite era : OOTN (OH THE HOTNESS)
    Least favorite: current (sorry Don! Just fix that hair and all will be well)

Glenn
    Favorite: Hell Freezes Over (esp. 1994)
    Least favorite: OOTN (when he had that horrible long moustache)

Felder
    Favorite: Hotel California
    Least favorite: the mid-80s

Randy
    Favorite: Border Era
    Least Favorite: Current

Bernie
    Least favorite: Flying Burrito Brothers

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Ooooooooooo good idea for a topic! Let's see here.....

Joe

Favorite era: Hell Freezes Over (I think Joe was absolutely gorgeous in that era! He has this kind of shy, intellectual, and cool vibe about him. Works for me!

Least favorite: mid-80s

Tim

Favorite era: The Long Run era (followed closely by HFO) - I LOVE watching Timmy in the videos for TLR and ICTYW! He is absolutely gorgeous and adorable at the same time! He looks very in shape, yet has these cute full cheeks and the gorgeous straight hair. Love it!

Least favorite: I don't really know what he looked like with Poco.....but I know he had this mullet style hair-do in one of his solo videos that I didn't care for. lol Other than that, his style has pretty much stayed the same except for the straight/wavy variety

Don

Favorite era : Hello Avatar! <---------------------- lol! Not sure of the exact era but I love it! And the OOTN era! drool I also like the IJ/storytellers era

Least favorite: End of the Innocence - blech.....not into the long hair on Don

Glenn

Favorite: I'd have to say HFO as well I guess.....but it's pretty darn close between that and most of his solo years But let's go with HFO Hello gorgeous head of hair!!!

Least favorite: OOTN (when he had that horrible long moustache) you said it best Soda

Felder

Favorite: Hotel California

Least favorite: the mid-80s

Randy

Favorite: HC Era - you know.....the "out of it" photos with the stubble

Least Favorite: Current

Bernie

Least favorite: not sure...didn't see anything pre-eagles and it doesn't seem like his style has changed much lol

Stuck on the Border

What a great topic!

Joe

Favourite: HFO. I liked the shorter hair & the glasses suited him.
    Least favourite: Early 80s, There Goes The Neighbourhood period. He just looked ordinary then.

Tim

Favourite: Now. He's aged very well. During the HFO period I looked at his crows' feet.
    Least Favourite: The Mullet Years. Big mistake.

Don

Favourite: HFO
    Least Favourite: BTPB. His hair then was awful. I can live with the long hair.

Glenn

Favourite: It's always NOW. Always.
    Least Favourite: The very early 70s, first album period. He was so gawky & callow. I guess I'm not that crazy about the NFA period either, to be honest.

Felder

Favourite: Hotel California/The Long Run, easily.
    Least favourite: OTB, when he hadn't grown the beard.

Meisner

Favourite: Desperado/OTB
    Least favourite: Hall of Fame period

Leadon

Favourite: Eagles/Desperado
    Least favourite: OOTN

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Cool! I had to do research before I could be sure on this!

Joe
    Favorite: HFO. Loved the short hair and the glasses.
    Although, I thought he was in his younger days (like the infamous baseball game days)
    Least favorite: mid 80's

Tim
    Favorite: HFO. I think his hair was the best then. And NO ONE can wear that long hair any better! It's classic Tim!
    Least favortie: the mullet years! (thanks Freypower!) And really any of his earlier years. He just looked too young to look sexy!

Don
    Favorite: I really don't think I can pick a fave era cause he had the fro during most of Eagles eras and I loved it. But he is great in HFO, too.
    Lease favorite: Beast era and pony tail era. I liked the long hair down tho! Oh, and the orange spikey stuff!

Glenn
    Favorite: Same here with Glenn, I can't hardly pick during the early Eagles years. I really loved that mustache and long hair Soda!
    And in NFA? Fp? And HFO of course is wonderful!
    Least favorite: the really short spiky hair cut era like in Dublin. Your hair is too wonderful to cut that short Glenn!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke
    Glenn
    Least favorite: the really short spiky hair cut era like in Dublin. Your hair is too wonderful to cut that short Glenn!
    Amen to that! When you've got it, flaunt it. Anybody can have short spiky hair. Only a few can have the thicker 'dos!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Oh Brooke and Soda! While I appreciate how you feel...I just love Glenn in Dublin so much (well the Dublin connection obviously has me biased) I really think he's just so sexy in it.... and it would have been so easy for me to take him home with me.....
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

I don't mind his hair in Dublin. I saw the really short hair in August 1988, and I had to live with it. I prefer it longer but there you are.

And Don's 'spiky orange hair' Brooke - agreed. That did not work.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I also prefer Glenn's hair much better when it is longer and agree with Soda that when you have got it, then flaunt it. You know - it's that concept of accentuate the positive. However, having said that, I reiterate that I don't think there is a bad look for Glenn. He looks gorgeous no matter what his hair looks like. I can even live with square-haired Glenn in the Livin' Right video.

Speaking of vidoes, I was also thinking as I was reading this thread about a certain video of Tim's where he was particularly HOT. I think it is Boys Night Out, but now I'm going to have to go back check and get back with you all on this.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I always like an excuse to do a bit of research!

Tim

Least favourite - yes, the mullet!
    Most favourite - now. Tim is a remarkable man who has a beautiful face which improves with age.

Joe

Least favourite - probably around the millenium when he was quite overweight and had that slicked back hair.
    Most favourite - smokin' young Joe in the HC era, and now Joe particularly in the Party of Two, but above all HFO Joe - those glasses...

Don

Least favourite - I have to say the long hair doesn't do anything for me, and the '80's' style on the cover of EOTI - what were you doing, Don?
    Most favourite - smouldering young 'fro Don with facial hair, intense HFO Don and shorter haired F1 Don

Glenn

Least favourite - is there one? Actually, I agree with FP about the very early Eagles days when he looked almost effeminate and had some seriously bad hair days, if that's possible.
    Most favourite - well, I love his Long Run look, the soft and run-throughable shorter hair in Soul Searchin' and Dublin, HFO (sigh), and now, particularly when he's out in the fresh air on the golf course with the wind mussing up his hair....

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...