Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Don to be honored as MusiCares Person of the Year

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Yesterday I've heard Calling Me the first time. I loooooove that song. IMO it would be a perfect Eagles song. While listened to it I imagine everyone of the guys sings one verse and they do the refrain together.

But I have to say Kenny and Don sound great together.

I'm SOOOOO glad you like it EF! I love it too! It's definently one of my favorite "Don vocals" ever. *sniffle* someday I'll get to hear him in person. but for now he'd probably tell me to "get over it"

The MusiCares site finally posted a press release listing performers and attendees for Don's ceremony tomorrow night. So far, the list includes:
    Tony Bennett, The Dixie Chicks, Bruce Hornsby, John Mayer, Keb Mo, Sam Moore, Timothy B. Schmit, Trisha Yearwood, Garth Brooks, Seal, Natalie Cole, Brian Wilson and Jackson Browne.

The live auction features a hand-signed "Don Henley inspired" Chevy Tahoe (undoubtedly a sponsor tie-in) stocked with all Eagles recordings, all of Don's recordings, and get this:

A GOLD TICKET allowing the bearer plus a guest admittance to ALL Eagles 2007-08 concert tour dates.

Talk about a Gold Ticket! ALL TOUR DATES.
    That sounds fantastic to me!

Now, where is that extra million dollars when I really need it?

WOW it's great that Timothy will be in attendance at the Musicares event.. I assume that means he'll be doing some songs with Don

That live auction item is FABULOUS .

Imagine tickets to EVERY eagles concert for the upcoming year...

and it means the Eagles WILL be touring this year!

That's exactly what I thought, TF--that means the Eagles will definitely be touring in 2007-08!

Don & Timothy have always been close, so I am really glad he will be at Don's ceremony. I must admit that I thought ALL the Eagles would be there (even though Glenn is very busy at Pebble Beach, I know)--but I hope they still will surprise everyone & show up.

I can't wait to hear all about the ceremony tomorrow night, and hopefully to buy the DVD later, of course!

Stuck on the Border

Surely this is talking about the people who will be performing songs rather than people who will be there? I think each artist will perform one or two songs. They won't list people like the other Eagles who will just be in attendance - but really, if Glenn is there, I will be pleasantly surprised. This assumption that he will be there I don't believe is very fair to him. I have said that he does not attend functions like this, no matter who it's for.

So goodbye rodeo, it's a long funny way for a man to go...

Stuck on the Border

Looking good so far.

Thanks for that link, FF.

It looks quite a weighty award!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Wow--I just finished looking at the Wire Image pictures from last night--all 377 of them! Don looked wonderful and it looks like it was a terrific evening.