Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The VOICE

Default The VOICE

Is anybody watching this show? Well you should be. The singers on this show are so much better than on American Idol. They are not all 16 and not all so "cutesy". They can SING.

Last night was the quarter finals, & Blake Sheldon's team & Christina Aguilera's team had 4 contestants each. At the end of the singing, they had an Instant Elimination, where each judge had to eliminate one of his or her team. This is where it got a little sticky because I felt that both Blake & Christina eliminated the wrong people, but we'll see what happens next week.

Anyway, Adam Levine sang his new song "Payphone" with Maroon 5. Blake sang "Heartache Tonight" **Yeah Eagles song here! Christina sang "Fighter" along with her team.

I love this show because the judges are also coaches. They work with the contestants on their team, giving them songs & also work with another coach sometimes, like they had on Miranda Lambert, Kelly Clarkson, Jewel & do sing on the show, not just sit there like they do on Idol & say, "That was great"
    Yes, they actually really work!

Tonight is the elimination from the voting. They also only give you 10 votes per contestant, so it is more reasonable than on Idol where some people sit for 2 hours voting. This gives a more reasonable idea of how many people are voting.
    Next week Adam's & Celo's teams will compete. If you want to see a REAL rock chick, watch out for Juliet Simms who is my favorite & I feel can WIN this. She has an amazing rock voice with lots of grit!!
    If anyone is watching, would love to hear your comments on the show!

Default Re: The VOICE

Honestly, I didn't really have any interest in adding another singing competition show to my schedule, but you make it sound pretty good. Maybe I'll check it out (not this semester due to scheduling, though). After all, they got "Heartache Tonight" whereas Idol can't seem to clear any Eagles songs.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

My husband has been recording it on PVR. I have gotten into it since I have happened to have been around when he has been replaying it. I haven't seen last night's episode yet. Locking forward to hearing HT.

I've been watching The Voice since the first episode. I started out really impressed this season but for some reason that has REALLY dwindled. lol In my honest opinion, they may not be 16 and cutesy, but they have just as much trouble as the AI contestants. Sometimes the pitch problems are so bad (to my ears at least) that I just have to hit mute or change the channel. I do like that they're usually artists that have been trying to make it for quite a while and aren't under 20 and saying "I've been working so hard for this my whole life." LOL I also absolutely love the fact that they have well known artists as coach's and the fact that they bring in artists like Kelly Clarkson, Lionel Richie, and Robin Thicke to help with the mentoring. Obviously Idol does the same thing but I think the Voice coach's offer up better advice usually than the AI judges. Also it seems like a lot of the AI mentors (with the exception of Stevie and Mary J Blige!) go on the show just to promote themselves. I'm sure the Voice mentors do as well, but it seems like they actually enjoyed themselves and offered up decent advice. Adam & Blake are my favorite coach's but I'm a little ticked with Blake after eliminating Jordis this week. lol

In the end, I still highly recommend watching the show...I'm just a little frustrated with this season. lol My favorite part of the show though is the beginning when each coach is picking their artists by not seeing them and turning their chairs around if they like the voice. At this point the only one I REALLY look forward to seeing/hearing every week is Jamar Rogers on CeeLo's team. I do also like Tony Lucca and Jermaine Paul.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I watched The Voice once and just wasn't that impressed with it. It seemed a bit strange the way they did it.

But really, I'm pretty tired of all the reality shows. AI is the only one I watch at all.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I was also a little annoyed with Blake for eliminating Jordis because I really liked her. He didn't do her any favor by giving her a country song, which didn't really suit her. I do have to admit that I didn't think she could win this, as her voice is just not as strong as some of the others.

My beef this week was with Christina for eliminating Jesse Cambell. I thought he was much better than Lindsey. Then she eliminated Ashley, who I also think is a better singer than Lindsey. Lindsey sounds to me like Katy Perry, but not as good. I don't know why Christina is favoring her over the others. Once again, she is saved. I also don't get the opera singer, Chris Mann. I don't think he has any chance to win this, but he got the most viewers votes, but what do I know?

My favorites are Jermaine Paul, Jamar Rogers, and Juliet Simms. I hope she makes it though next weeks round of double eliminations.
    Next week CeeLo and Adams teams compete in the quarter finals.

Border Desperado Midnight_Flyer's Avatar

i watch it is there an american version too?

on the english version we have Jessie J, Will.I.Am, Tom Jones and Danny O'Donoghue

I'm not sure if the Fleetwood Mac fans on the Border will appreciate this version of 'Go your own way' performed on the UK version of 'The Voice'.
    ('Go your own way' starts at 1.40)

Opinion of their version is somewhat divided on one forum.
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1656842

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xat6nyC_1Q[/ame]

(If a mod feels this should go in the YouTube (or Fleetwood Mac ) forums, please move.)

Rock singer Juliet Simms blew the roof off the place with her "It's A Man's World" in the semi finals. Last night she advanced to the finals & here's why

http://youtu.be/Uqw5FWbpEes

Yeah it was definitely her best performance. Unfortunately, Jamar was my favorite on the show so I've kind of lost interest in the show now. IMO, he was the most consistent of all of the contestants. I don't think Blake or Christina's guys will win, so I think it will come down to her or Adam's guy.