Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Silly questions

Default Re: Silly questions

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Well - I'd bet when Don is at home in Dallas in full cowboy mode, he might drive a pickup or SUV. I've seen a larger version of this picture and I wanna say that he's behind the wheel of a pickup here, but I'm not absolutely certain.

I think that's actually a fancy convertible. His hair even looks a tad wind blown.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Well - I'd bet when Don is at home in Dallas in full cowboy mode, he might drive a pickup or SUV. I've seen a larger version of this picture and I wanna say that he's behind the wheel of a pickup here, but I'm not absolutely certain.

I'm first in line to say that I know zilch about American cars (except that a lot of them used to be made in
    Detroit ) and perhaps pick-up (vehicle-wise) means a different style of vehicle between the US/UK.
    But to a UK mind, the rear-view mirror looks to be in the wrong position on the door for it to be a pick-up. Plus the style (or do I just mean 'shape'?) of the mirror looks too 'classy'. Do your pick-ups have white interior trim?
    And finally, it seems as though you can see the top edge of the windscreen but nothing attached to it (i.e. no roof) so to me it seems as if Don's in what in the UK would be called a convertible.
    Admittedly, beach buggies come without a roof, but I don't think they have white interior trim.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Yes, not even the smaller pick-ups have mirrors that small, and if he had a gas-guzzling pickup, it would be a big one, right? To move horse trailers and such. He probably has all kinds of vehicles and I imagine those before children were a lot different than those now!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well - as I said - I wasn't sure. lol

I could have sworn I've seen a picture of Don behind the wheel of a pickup somewhere, but my memory ain't what it used to be, that's for sure. This was the only picture that came to my mind of Don in a car when I read Zelda's post.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Out on the Border

Smile Re: Silly questions

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    I think this is the Mercedes that Fp mentioned:

And that wonderful camaro:

The yellow car Not a Camero, it is a Pontiac GTO!!!

Border Desperado

Back in Nov., Skip Demuth was following Timothy during his mini tour and he wrote about hopping into Timothy's "sporty two-seater". That sporty two-seater is a Porsche 911 in midnight blue....and I know this because it's my dream car, so of course that's what Timothy drives!!

Quote Originally Posted by Woodstock View Post
    Back in Nov., Skip Demuth was following Timothy during his mini tour and he wrote about hopping into Timothy's "sporty two-seater". That sporty two-seater is a Porsche 911 in midnight blue....and I know this because it's my dream car, so of course that's what Timothy drives!!
    Ooo, I can see it now!

zelda

I'm sure Don's mentioned "driving around in my pickup truck." I can't quite remember the timing though - did he mention it during one of his solo concerts maybe?
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

Quote Originally Posted by Woodstock View Post
    Very nice too. Bet he has to have something practical as well, though!
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

Stuck on the Border

I forgot to mention that Glenn has been quoted as saying he liked Porsches. He is seen in the Smuggler's Blues video in a Porsche & during Ordinary Average Guy in Christchurch the lyrics include 'Glenn's got a Porsche/Joe lost his Dodge'.