Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Atlanta 5/02/2012

Default Re: Atlanta 5/02/2012

Just got back about a half hour ago from a VERRRRY difficult drive and I'm exhausted. No review from me right now. Sorry

Regarding the setlist, I will add that I didn't remember ASWTDID from my Vegas show (which was different from the one HH and VA went to), but I do seem to remember them playing BOML.... since I didn't write it down, though, I could be remembering incorrectly. Maybe one of the other Borderers who was there can help. Unfortunately, because I thought I remembered it from Vegas, I was expecting BOML and I was disappointed when it wasn't played.

Gosh, how short are these shows going to get? Come on! Their 40th Anniversary deserves more than the minimum, even if this isn't "officially" a 40th Anniversary tour. At this point, I'm thinking that I'm not going to go to any more Eagles shows after JazzFest unless they make some changes to their setlist.... and I don't mean cutting more songs.

But hey, the music we did get was great! Fabulous vocals and musicianship. It's definitely worth going for people who haven't seen them yet.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    He did not sing it. Sorry, I thought HH mentioned it earlier. No idea what this guy'd been smoking, and obviously I didn't read the entire article before posting the link.
    Thanks, VA. I had to ask because I really doubted that he did. FP, great minds think alike, LOL. Glad everyone had such a great time!

Eagles Rock Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre

http://tucker.patch.com/articles/eag...#photo-9807956
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Just got back about a half hour ago from a VERRRRY difficult drive and I'm exhausted. No review from me right now. Sorry

Regarding the setlist, I will add that I didn't remember ASWTDID from my Vegas show (which was different from the one HH and VA went to), but I do seem to remember them playing BOML.... since I didn't write it down, though, I could be remembering incorrectly. Maybe one of the other Borderers who was there can help. Unfortunately, because I thought I remembered it from Vegas, I was expecting BOML and I was disappointed when it wasn't played.

Gosh, how short are these shows going to get? Come on! Their 40th Anniversary deserves more than the minimum, even if this isn't "officially" a 40th Anniversary tour. At this point, I'm thinking that I'm not going to go to any more Eagles shows after JazzFest unless they make some changes to their setlist.... and I don't mean cutting more songs.

But hey, the music we did get was great! Fabulous vocals and musicianship.
    Glad you made it home safely!
    zelda

Glad you made it home safe, Soda.

I wish the Eagles were coming to Chicago but unfortunately they are not. Am really looking forward to Joe solo next month though!

I like your av too, the cherry sunburst Gibson Les Paul Standard is my favorite guitar of Glenn's.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Soda, so glad you made those long drives safely. You must be exhausted! Get some rest girl!

Shorter set list? Hmmm. I don't like that news.

Zelda, take your time and let it all soak in. I'm so happy for you getting to see them. It's a "lifetime" moment for huge fans.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Well hopefully for the "official" 40th tour, they'll amp it up again. At this point, they have pretty much cut the setlist by 1/3 since they started out on the LROOE tour but the prices are still through the roof. Not cool, guys!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Soda, Glad you made it home safely & I'm sure you had an amazing time at the show! Looking at that set list, I see lots of things missing. To see that LROOE is pretty much gone from the set list except for 1 song is pretty disappointing. Would love to see WITW on there. Also, Timothy only doing 1 song is another disappointment. I see that Don's songs, HOTM, TEOTI , also not included.

I hope they will be doing a longer set list for next years tour. I would guess that this is pretty much the set for the Vegas show in Nov. as well. I would love to get to that show, but I'm still on the fence due to the cost. Also, the tickets that were still available were not the greatest.
    I guess this is what it is. Who knows how much longer they will even be touring. At this point, they don't need the money. They are all promoting solo albums, & it's been 40 years. We have to take whatever we can get as fans!

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Another review, from a local TV station. Includes a short clip of HC.

ETA: When you get to the picture of the setlist, don't panic...they absolutely played I Can't Tell You Why.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/entertainm...haretta/nNQDS/
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Originally posted by Topkat:
    Who knows how much longer they will even be touring. At this point, they don't need the money.
    I had to chuckle when I read this...NOT that it's funny they may not tour much longer. But I had this flash of these guys turning 65 and applying for Medicare and Social Security benefits! Now THAT'S funny!

However, I can't imagine any of them slowing down that much, let alone quitting.
    You were just too busy being FABULOUS....

Victim of Love