Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Atlanta 5/02/2012

Default Re: Atlanta 5/02/2012

Quote Originally Posted by Victim of Love View Post
    Originally posted by Topkat:

I had to chuckle when I read this...NOT that it's funny they may not tour much longer. But I had this flash of these guys turning 65 and applying for Medicare and Social Security benefits! Now THAT'S funny!

However, I can't imagine any of them slowing down that much, let alone quitting.
    I don't think they will retire, but they are all doing solo shows, so they may not want to do the big tours much longer. I'm sure they will do a big tour in 2013, but after that...who knows??? It's a lot of traveling & doing a 2 hour show for months on end has got to be grueling. Even young bands complain about the constant travel & being away from home. I mean they are at a point where they can do pretty much whatever they want. So maybe they may want to hang out & play golf all day!

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    Soda, Glad you made it home safely & I'm sure you had an amazing time at the show! Looking at that set list, I see lots of things missing. To see that LROOE is pretty much gone from the set list except for 1 song is pretty disappointing. Would love to see WITW on there. Also, Timothy only doing 1 song is another disappointment. I see that Don's songs, HOTM, TEOTI , also not included.

I hope they will be doing a longer set list for next years tour. I would guess that this is pretty much the set for the Vegas show in Nov. as well. I would love to get to that show, but I'm still on the fence due to the cost. Also, the tickets that were still available were not the greatest.
    I guess this is what it is. Who knows how much longer they will even be touring. At this point, they don't need the money. They are all promoting solo albums, & it's been 40 years. We have to take whatever we can get as fans!
    The Eagles have never played The End Of The Innocence. They haven't played HOTM since the HFO tour.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Just got back about a half hour ago from a VERRRRY difficult drive and I'm exhausted. No review from me right now. Sorry

Regarding the setlist, I will add that I didn't remember ASWTDID from my Vegas show (which was different from the one HH and VA went to), but I do seem to remember them playing BOML.... since I didn't write it down, though, I could be remembering incorrectly. Maybe one of the other Borderers who was there can help. Unfortunately, because I thought I remembered it from Vegas, I was expecting BOML and I was disappointed when it wasn't played.

Gosh, how short are these shows going to get? Come on! Their 40th Anniversary deserves more than the minimum, even if this isn't "officially" a 40th Anniversary tour. At this point, I'm thinking that I'm not going to go to any more Eagles shows after JazzFest unless they make some changes to their setlist.... and I don't mean cutting more songs.

But hey, the music we did get was great! Fabulous vocals and musicianship. It's definitely worth going for people who haven't seen them yet.

You say this was 'shorter' but I can't see any difference from any shows they have recently played. You mention BOML but as the acoustic section has been completely cut that seems highly unlikely to me. Sorry if I'm wrong.

The over-reliance on Walsh & Henley solo songs needs to be addressed. Quite simply, if they came back here with this setlist, I would not go & see it. I have no need.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    The Eagles have never played The End Of The Innocence. They haven't played HOTM since the HFO tour.
    Well, they played The End of the Innocence when I saw them. It was a while ago, but I do remember them doing it. It could have been in 96' or 2000. HOTM was the HFO tour, yes. I haven't seen them since about 2003, so it's been awhile.

I've certainly never seen nor heard of the Eagles performing The End of Innocence. It's a wonderful song and I feel priviledge to have seen Don perform it solo.

Can't wait to hear more about the Atlanta shows!!

Border Desperado

The over-reliance on Walsh & Henley solo songs needs to be addressed. Quite simply, if they came back here with this setlist, I would not go & see it. I have no need.
    I agree. When I saw that set list I realized that unless things change, I've probably seen my last Eagles show.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    Well, they played The End of the Innocence when I saw them. It was a while ago, but I do remember them doing it. It could have been in 96' or 2000. HOTM was the HFO tour, yes. I haven't seen them since about 2003, so it's been awhile.

They weren't really touring in either 1996 or 2000; I have bootlegs of them from 2003 & they did not do that song. I think if they had done it I would have read about it and I'm afraid I never have.

They weren't really touring in either 1996 or 2000; I have bootlegs of them from 2003 & they did not do that song. I think if they had done it I would have read about it and I'm afraid I never have.
    Oh really, well I have the ticket stubs from 1996, and I am sure I saw them in either 2000 or 2001. I probably have those stubs also, but I don't know where they are. I don't see how you can possibly know every concert they ever did. Not every concert is recorded or written about.

Stuck on the Border

They did tour in 1996, but in 2000 they were preparing the box set & they had all the trouble with Felder. After they fired Felder they went to Europe in 2001, I don't know about the US but I will take your word for it. The point remains though; you are the only person I have ever heard claim they once played EOTI.

The concert I saw was on June 25, 1996 @ Nassau Coliseum. It was not part of HFO & was a slightly different set list. I am almost positive that Don did The End of the Innocence at this show. I only saw him do it once & I'm sure that it was at this show.