Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Atlanta 5/02/2012

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Atlanta 5/02/2012

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    The concert I saw was on June 25, 1996 @ Nassau Coliseum. It was not part of HFO & was a slightly different set list. I am almost positive that Don did The End of the Innocence at this show. I only saw him do it once & I'm sure that it was at this show.
    Well, if you did see it, I'm happy for you & I'm sure it was worth it.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Glad you all had such a great time on your road trip to Atlanta. VA - your pictures are fantastic. The boys are looking GREAT!!!

With regard to the Eagles performing EOTI, I would be very surprised about that, too. Of all the bootlegs and setlists that I've seen, I've never heard it mentioned. Now, of course, that's not to say it didn't happen. However, it would be very much out of character for this band to perform a solo song impromptu that they had never performed before, but it is certainly not impossible. Don almost always performs the song in his solo shows, but TK, if you saw the Eagles perform the song, you saw a rare treat, indeed.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    Pictures in no particular order!

Bringing this forward. It's not only my new avi but it's also my wallpaper on my laptop!!! YUMMY!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Very nice, TBF! I love the purple highlights. Stunning.

That's certainly a very cute photo of Timothy.

Quote Originally Posted by StephUK View Post
    That's certainly a very cute photo of Timothy.
    It sure is!

I'm preparing the review now.

With regard to the 1996 setlist, I happen to collect live shows and have one from July 1996 that occurred just two weeks after Topkat's. "The End of the Innocence" was not a part of that setlist. While it's not impossible they tried it out for a night or two which topkat was lucky enough to witness and then they decided to drop it within two weeks, it's highly improbable.

Along the same lines, I have begun to think that I misremembered about BOML being in the setlist in Las Vegas in November 2011. HH and VA do not remember it from the night they attended. It does not seem probable that they would play it one night and not the other. It is far more probable that I'm remembering wrong.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    It is far more probable that I'm remembering wrong.
    As many shows as you attend, I don't know how you keep any of it straight.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I'm preparing the review now.

With regard to the 1996 setlist, I happen to collect live shows and have one from July 1996 that occurred just two weeks after Topkat's. "The End of the Innocence" was not a part of that setlist. While it's not impossible they tried it out for a night or two which topkat was lucky enough to witness and then they decided to drop it within two weeks, it's highly improbable.

Along the same lines, I have begun to think that I misremembered about BOML being in the setlist in Las Vegas in November 2011. HH and VA do not remember it from the night they attended. It does not seem probable that they would play it one night and not the other. It is far more probable that I'm remembering wrong.
    It is possible that they tried doing a song for a show or two & then decided to drop it, especially years ago, when they were just reunited. The show I went to was a benefit, so maybe Don did it for that, who knows. Maybe I imagined the whole thing, but I don't think so.

Anyway, beautiful shot of Timothy! Thank you VA

Out on the Border

Default my review of Atlanta

just joined this board so I can share with you my photos. never saw the Eagles in concert before and so glad I did. it was great ( altho a bit short) funny story- my husband was home recovering from minor surgery and I asked him if he minded if I went to the Eagles Wed assuming I could get a ticket. he said fine. it also helps that I live 10 minutes from the venue ( in Roswell GA)

so I logged onto ticketmaster 6 hours before the show and up pops a ticket in the 2nd row! grabbed it. it was awesome being up that close, great night.

try this link for my pictures, might be easier than the time photobucket takes. just scroll thru them at the top right. last pic is me, the 56 year old lady right before the concert. enjoy the pics

http://twitpic.com/photos/oscarmom355