Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Atlanta 5/04/2012

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Atlanta 5/04/2012

OMG! Totally, freakin' awesome!!!!!!!!!! Total night and day from Wednesday's show. It was unbelievable, our guys were ON! Many pics and more details to come.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: Atlanta 5/04/2012

The setlist was the same as Wednesday night, but that’s the only thing that was the same. Both HH and I determined neither of us had ever seen them when all four plus Steuart were all ‘on’. They seemed to have such a fun time interacting with each other. It was unbelievable, so bear with us as we try to find the words to describe it sufficiently.

They walked out with big smiles, and a real sense of comaraderie that they maintained from start to finish. Individually they were outstanding. Collectively they were phenomenal. Glenn was Mr. Personality times twenty. Interacting with the crowd, more than just the jokes. He smiled a lot, and seemed very happy to be in that moment and in that place and he made the crowd feel the same way. He said the Dead Sea joke and the Plaintiff joke, timing the last with giving the crowd (with Joe’s animated assistance) to say it with him. When he was introduced, he did the normal bow, then did a little dance in a circle. He danced like that a few times throughout the evening.

Don smiled a lot as well, and seemed to be having a good time. He also seemed to be genuinely happy to be where he was. Very personable with the crowd and others. He again mentioned that this is their 40th year together, they cut their first record in 1972, then he grinned and said, “Who knew?” He said it was a long career, and careers these days seem to be short ones, and then Glenn mentioned ‘deservedly so’ (they said that on Wednesday as well). Then he was very sincere in saying that they are still here because we’re still here. Very sincere.

Joe was happy and smiling all night, he did the Chuck Berry shuffle across the stage, then back. Of course his guitar playing was phenomenal and he and Steuart interacted a lot. At the beginning of Funk #49, he and Glenn did the ‘dueling’ guitars.

At one point, Glenn and Steuart played together guitar to guitar and did the ‘twist and shout’ down to their knees and back up again.

Timothy interacted with the crowd, smiled a lot, and interacted a lot with the others and the crowd in front of him.

HH says she has never had so much fun at an Eagles concert and never had as much positive interaction with the band. I know I’ve never seen a better Eagles concert.

All of the back up musicians were smiling and interacting and looking like they were having a good time. There’s a shot of Steuart smiling ear to ear when interacting with the guys on the other side of the stage. Very genuine look of joy. The pic says it all for what the whole night was like.
    For those of you who I know are wondering, Don was up front for LITFL.
    At one point when Don stood next to Joe, while Joe was off doing some riff, Don stuck his finger in the strings of Joe’s guitar. Don looked like a kid who knew he was doing something bad and Joe did look at him in some surprise.

As we think of things, we’ll add more later. There are a lot of photos and it will take forever to get them up to Photobucket. I'll do a few, then the rest as I can.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

It sounds like you gals got the absolute BEST OF THE BEST EVER. Pictures are totally awesome and I can't wait to see the rest. Defiitely sounds like one smoking hot show!

Sweet dreams!
    You were just too busy being FABULOUS....

Victim of Love

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Sounds absolutely wonderful!! Wonder why all so happy? Love, love, live that pic of Stu & Will. Look at those smiles!

Liz- how you doing? You ok?
    He sings it high, he plays it low

VA thanks for the review & the pictures. Can't wait to see the rest of them. Yes, they do all look very happy!!! Sounds like an amazing show!

Jay Bookman of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution ran this brief little item in yesterday's AJC Online, complete with a video clip of NKIT. Not much of an article really, mostly whining about ticket prices but the video is from a show in New Zealand. I'm pretty sure I've seen this clip a thousand times before but have never noticed the look Timothy shoots across the stage at the 28 second mark. Honestly, if looks could kill.....

http://blogs.ajc.com/jay-bookman-blo...y_bookman_blog

Victim of Love

Quote Originally Posted by Victim of Love View Post
    Jay Bookman of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution ran this brief little item in yesterday's AJC Online, complete with a video clip of NKIT. Not much of an article really, mostly whining about ticket prices but the video is from a show in New Zealand. I'm pretty sure I've seen this clip a thousand times before but have never noticed the look Timothy shoots across the stage at the 28 second mark. Honestly, if looks could kill.....

http://blogs.ajc.com/jay-bookman-blo...y_bookman_blog
    Wow you're right..sweet Timothy B didn't look so sweet there!

You're right, Zel. I'm trying to figure out if he was looking at Felder! As I was saying, if looks could kill....somebody most certainly would have dropped in their tracks. You catch another similar glimpse around the midpoint of the video but it's so quick that if you aren't watching closely, you miss it. But he has a habit of looking pretty intense during certain songs anyway so it's probably nothing.

I think Joe looks absolutely awesome...actually they ALL do, but Joe's clean-cut look during that era is one of my favorites. (I also enjoyed the clip he put up on Twitter from Thursday when he did the sports segment -- looking good!)

Victim of Love

I don't know...I think that look was more about the horrific rainstorm than anything personal...He's probably thinking, I'm getting wet here, so I'm gonna back up a bit! Maybe he was pissed about that. Tim always looks across the stage at the others.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Wow, ladies. Thanks for your review of last night's show. Glad to hear that the guys were in such good spirits and that all of you enjoyed your Atlanta trip. I would have loved to have been able to join you all. And a special kudos to our former Eagles virgins, Zelda and Lizzy - I know your first time will always hold a special place in your hearts. Am I the only one that can't see VA's pictures? I'm only seeing the white 'photobucket' box that says the image has been moved or deleted???

Anyway, thanks for sharing your experiences with us and safe travels to all of you on your trips back home.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016